Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally - Ocala 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Big Pa
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley
Not a chance, Dragon here I come, 2 weeks and counting.....
Hey Charley,
Just FYI, my Brother and a couple of his coworkers left Fri. morning headed to Deal's Gap. Had to turn around Sat. morning and come back home. Seems they stopped for the night around Athens Ga. then got as far as Commerce Ga. (sp?) and couldn't find any gasoline anywhere! They rode 70 miles before they just happened on a station that was getting thier delivery right then. When the pumps opened up, they had to wait in line for an hr & a half. Plus the station cut you off at $20. Witch was ok for bikes. He called our Uncle who lives in Franklin NC & he said it was about the same there. Anyway they didn't want to chance getting caught miles from any gas & running out. Maybe it'll be better in a couple weeks.
Joe

Old 09-30-2008, 06:05 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by PamzJoe
Hey Charley,
Just FYI, my Brother and a couple of his coworkers left Fri. morning headed to Deal's Gap. Had to turn around Sat. morning and come back home. Seems they stopped for the night around Athens Ga. then got as far as Commerce Ga. (sp?) and couldn't find any gasoline anywhere! They rode 70 miles before they just happened on a station that was getting thier delivery right then. When the pumps opened up, they had to wait in line for an hr & a half. Plus the station cut you off at $20. Witch was ok for bikes. He called our Uncle who lives in Franklin NC & he said it was about the same there. Anyway they didn't want to chance getting caught miles from any gas & running out. Maybe it'll be better in a couple weeks.
Joe
Yea thanks, I'm keeping my eye on the situation. The problem doesn't seem to be too bad until you get up around the Atlanta area. I've made plans to have 5 gals standing by there in Alpharetta just in case. From there I can make Franklin NC where my mom lives and I will be based out of for a couple of weeks. From her place it's only 60 miles to Deals Gap and I have a 200 mile range so I should be OK. She says they have had a couple of days where finding fuel was tough but they are getting by. I have a couple of 5 gal. jugs there I can keep full to make it through a spot shortage if need be. The Asheville area seems to be having a lot bigger problem with fuel supplies and that may affect my plans to ride the BRP. Hopefully, when I get there in 2 weeks the situation will have improved.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:01 AM
WillyHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas

Hey cHarley,

I am just south of 20 in Atlanta and I can bring you some fuel if you need it. PM me and I'll send you my contact info. You should be good to go in a couple of weeks though. you might want to bring a bottle of octane boost in case you can only find 87.

Chris

Old 09-30-2008, 07:43 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

this county is going to hell

Old 09-30-2008, 08:01 AM
WillyHD
Road Master

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
this county is going to hell
hehe...what COUNTY do you live in? I'll stay away

C

Old 09-30-2008, 08:03 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by WillyHD
Hey cHarley,

I am just south of 20 in Atlanta and I can bring you some fuel if you need it. PM me and I'll send you my contact info. You should be good to go in a couple of weeks though. you might want to bring a bottle of octane boost in case you can only find 87.

Chris
Thanks Chris, I'll PM you the end of next week when travel time gets closer to see how the supply situation looks in the area. I would prefer to get off I-75 in Macon and run up through Athens and take 441 into NC but if gas is still in short supply I'll stick to the slab through Atlanta. I plan on bringing some rocket booster along just in case cause the motor really rattles on anything less than premium gas. Hopefully this shortage will be just a memory by then.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:09 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Poker! Texas Hold 'Em anyone? I need to brush up on my playing between now and then looks like.
Oh yeah... I love givin away my hard earned monies at the Hold'em table!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:15 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL!!! Drinking and playing poker are not conducive to winning, ask me how I know this.

Charley, in two weeks, the gas situation should have resolved itself but there are any number of us in the Atlanta area who would be glad to help you out should the need arise. Just keep us posted on your plans and if you're going to be veering over towards Atlanta way instead of through Athens.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cHarley
. I've made plans to have 5 gals standing by there in Alpharetta just in case.

5 gal's standing by..... Does the missus read the forum..... Man I have got to make this trip with you one of these days if these are the things that go on. :0

Old 09-30-2008, 12:58 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by WillyHD
hehe...what COUNTY do you live in? I'll stay away

C
well county to but i meant country LOL

Quick Reply: Florida Rally - Ocala 2008