Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally - Ocala 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, I get drunk, I fall down......NO PROBLEM.....

Old 09-10-2008, 04:45 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
greg you have been in clearwater, its packed here. the wife and i ride up race track road area and we love it up there.
That is a pretty good area~ My brother lives right there where Race Track ends at Gunn Hwy~ Do you ever do the north ride into Hernando and Citrus Counties? There's some really nice country roads up into there~ If not... and your tail bone is ready for the saddle.. this weekend is supposed to be pretty nice~ Only 20% on the rain meter, so far~ I'd be more then happy to show you those roads~ Some are pretty twisty... found them in my crotch riding days~ There's a decent little biker pub/cafe (Shamrocks) along the way where we can stop and grab a bite to eat~ It all starts off off of 52 at Bellamy Bro's Rd.~ If you guys are up for it.. shoot me a PM and we'll get some riding in this weekend...you know, before this big Rally in Ocala rolls around~

Like the way I segwayed right back onto topic at the end there?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:56 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
I hope this is socially acceptable.If not I'm gonna be drunk at the rally and be socially Unacceptable.
I seem to remember you havin a bottle of sumthin there last time~ I'm not socially acceptable anyhow... so let me know your flavor and I'll be sure to bring along a little sumthin we can down together! Cheers!!

Old 09-10-2008, 06:28 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murph
Oh, my GF(catzeye) wants to buy her own bike. She really wants a Harley.

Do I hear wedding bells over the rumble of exhaust? Maybe she's tired of riding behind you and not being able to see past your feet. JK couldn't resist.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Big Pa
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Okay, my father was born and raised in Tampa, FL, the son of a barber. He joined the Navy during WWII at the age of 17, came home, went to work and got captivated by this sloe-eyed Georgia Gal (my mother), way back in 1948, so I have roots there.
Hey Karen, I'm a little sloe myself. Splain sloe eyed pleeze.
Joe

Old 09-10-2008, 07:09 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here you go:
sloe-eyed Definition
sloe·-eyed (slōīd′)
adjective
  1. having large, dark eyes
  2. having almond-shaped eyes

Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueDragon
That is a pretty good area~ My brother lives right there where Race Track ends at Gunn Hwy~ Do you ever do the north ride into Hernando and Citrus Counties? There's some really nice country roads up into there~ If not... and your tail bone is ready for the saddle.. this weekend is supposed to be pretty nice~ Only 20% on the rain meter, so far~ I'd be more then happy to show you those roads~ Some are pretty twisty... found them in my crotch riding days~ There's a decent little biker pub/cafe (Shamrocks) along the way where we can stop and grab a bite to eat~ It all starts off off of 52 at Bellamy Bro's Rd.~ If you guys are up for it.. shoot me a PM and we'll get some riding in this weekend...you know, before this big Rally in Ocala rolls around~

Like the way I segwayed right back onto topic at the end there?
unfortunatly i have to work this weekend back less than a week and back on call. we have ridin up 41 a lot and love that road into inverness. but never the route you mentioned. maybe the following weekend.
you know before the ocala rally starts. get in a couple of rides before the florida ocala rally in ocala

Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Sftail291
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, you meet up suggestion sounds great. As time gets closer we'll organize all attendees coming up from the South and set up several meeting point as we head North up US27......................

Old 09-11-2008, 07:04 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepman54
Do I hear wedding bells over the rumble of exhaust? Maybe she's tired of riding behind you and not being able to see past your feet. JK couldn't resist.
No wedding bells, but she does like riding behind me. She told me my feet block a lot of the wind........

Old 09-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepman54
LMAO Jeremy! did u mean Murph's jamaican air brakes?

Quick Reply: Florida Rally - Ocala 2008