Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Possible lake okechobee ride this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:33 AM
FEAR
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Possible lake okechobee ride this weekend?

f we leave boonies at 9. We will hit that gas station at probably close to 940 if its where I think it is

Old 06-28-2008, 06:46 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

ORIGINAL: wideglide95th

Hey Jerry,

I dont think I got it either. Burnt out form the week I guess. Looks like you guys will be in Belle Glade between 9 and 9:30. Once you get to the intersection where 80 and 441 splits at the Palm Beach County Sheriffs substation, turn left towards Belle Glade, go about 2 miles to the red light at Gator BLVD and there is a gas station on your right . We can meet you there.

Sounds like a plan. I know where the station is at 80 and Ave. L (Gator Blvd.), although Mapsource shows it as a Shell station. Its 28 min. from Boonies according to the GPS. Im also up for stopping in to see Bob in MH on the way back if hes up for it.

BTW-The RT run time from Boonies to Boonies is 3:15. (not including stops)

Lets Ride

Old 06-28-2008, 09:49 AM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: wideglide95th

Just throwing this idea out there.

If we do the whole thing, I will check with Bob and see if wants a quick stop by to say Hi.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; May cheer him up a little. He lives right off the road we will be on. Some of you know who I am talking about.
+1 on visiting with Bob

Old 06-28-2008, 11:00 AM
FEAR
Tourer

i dont know bob, but i wouldnt mind stopping by, i know after my wreck, i was very happy when i got visitors

Old 06-28-2008, 11:06 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Yep good idea Mike. Never met him but would like to.

Old 06-28-2008, 11:59 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

after catching up on all that readin i think we are going to meet jim&nbsp\\;in belleglade at 9:40. Correct? i would like to ride all the way around. since we are going to belleglade, which is sorta south we might as well keep going from there to clewiston and up to okee. Iron Eagle will be open by the time we get there. i really don't care what we do as long as we ride.&nbsp\\;is it alot further to go west from bellglade and up the west side? not sure. we can't stop at j&amp\\;s at&nbsp\\;10:30?&nbsp\\; I am not sure about everyone else but i have not actually ridden all the way around the lake. &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-28-2008, 12:52 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Cranked the bike and rode it this morning to Bob's to see how he is doing.&nbsp\\; I told him about our ride tomorrow and asked what he thought if we stopped by real quick to say hello.&nbsp\\; He said Yea!!! with a twinkle in his eye.&nbsp\\; (He loves bikes)&nbsp\\; I told him it would be just real quick and would not have to come inside.

He is getting around much better and had to take me out to his bike and show me he could throw his leg over his bike. He lifted his right arm to the throttle with his left hand and cranked it.

Wilburz,
It really doesn't matter which way you go since this is my back yard and will be travelling the least amount.&nbsp\\; I will go with whatever you guys want. Since Jerry and Al are coming the farthest and from the south, and if they wanted to go back with less traffic, they may want to go back 27. If they did that, it would probably be best to go the east side first to Okee then around.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nb sp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp \\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Like I said. "Doesn't matter to me, I just wanna ride."&nbsp\\;

Your call Wilburz&nbsp\\; Murph is outa town and you are the GP of this one.

Old 06-28-2008, 12:53 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I invited some of my friends and it seems like five of them are going to meet Jerry, Redman and I in the pompano beach service station&nbsp\\; on the&nbsp\\; turnpike.. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again and meet some new faces,, we will see you all tomorrow...

Old 06-28-2008, 01:52 PM
FEAR
Tourer

LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GOING TO HAVE QUITE THE TURNOUT,&nbsp\\; AS LONG AS THE WEATHER HOLDS UP, IT SHOULD BE A GOOD TIME.&nbsp\\; I WAS RIDING TILL 5 AM THIS MORNING, I GOTTA GET SOME SLEEP TONIGHT

Old 06-28-2008, 02:20 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up my bike from my indy, sure feels good to have fresh rubber and a front brake that dosen't surge. Will meet the south train at boonies at 8:00, east side, west side doesn't matter to me. Looking forward&nbsp\\;to the ride!

Quick Reply: Possible lake okechobee ride this weekend?