Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Possible lake okechobee ride this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 03:20 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Possible lake okechobee ride this weekend?

ORIGINAL: cHarley

Yep, great ride guys and gals, it was nice to see some new faces in the group. It looks like the weather cooperated with us for all but maybe Kimbo. When he turned off on Seminole Pratt to head north from 80 it looked pretty black in his direction.
&nbsp\\;
Made it home dry turned east on Ockeechobee to Royal Palm and skirted the rain. Super day and stayed dry.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:26 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great to meet some new folks and see all the usual suspects again. Sorry I had to leave early, but I'm know officially back in the new bike market.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:28 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Jackie and I had a great time too! Good ride, good weather and&nbsp\\;good people! I appreciate everyone showing up. It was a nice site going up that first big bridge at moorehaven and looking in my&nbsp\\;mirror and seeing all those headlights!&nbsp\\;We definately had the biggest&nbsp\\;group of riders by far today. And I second what Kimbo said about stopping at Bobs. I think , when he heard all of our bikes coming down the road, he had to have had the biggest smile on his face. Good to see that he is improving. And I am sure his wife and daughter appreciated it. &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\ ;

Old 06-29-2008, 03:47 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

well let's see if I can post using IE...
Dave .yeah I went down 27...but a bit faster than the rest of you I guess...saw that big rain cloud out west of us and I&nbsp\\;hit the after burners....It worked I didn't see a single rain drop
It was a great ride today guys...once again The Fla Crew ruled the road....and I agree Wilburz, we for sure had the biggest group ...
Kimbo, Charly, Big Al, Masterblaster, Wide Glide 95th, PR Glide, Fear,&nbsp\\; was great hanging with you guys again today..and it was great meeting all the new folks who I can't even begin to remember all your names......feels more like family every time we ride....
Bob looks really good he was really happy to see us all...not so sure his neighbors were though...oh well if it made Bob feel good I'm sure they weren't too unhappy with us distrubing the peace. I will post the trip pics ASAP...probably around Tuesday or Wednesday....
The only problem with our rides is that they are over all too soon....

Old 06-29-2008, 04:01 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Redman, even though slow Al was leading after you left us in the dust we still missed the rain, you looked like a weird looking Hyabusa peeling around the last turn I was able to see you. Al you have to upgrade the motor buddy, I knew he didn't turn off. We stopped by Holiday park for a quick one with the rest of the southern south crew, we all&nbsp\\;went on from there after a refreshment. Wilburz, thanks for putting this together, good meeting you and Jackie and all the new faces, great riding with the crew again, missed Murph, Jakel, and Reb though.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:04 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Same as what evey one else said. Good friends and some&nbsp\\; new ones too.

Don I thought "Man what a site" when we crossed the bridge at Port Mayaca".&nbsp\\; From then on every curve or bridge, I had to look in the mirror to see the headlights. We will let Murph know we had a good leader while he was out of town.&nbsp\\; I will be glad when they finish resurfacing the rest of that road between Canal Point and Okee.

I know Bob was glad we stopped.&nbsp\\; Great gesture Kimbo giving him a Florida Crew shirt.

I can't wait until our annual rally.

Ya know!&nbsp\\; It really wasn't as hot as I thought it was gonna be.&nbsp\\; Maybe just the adrenaline was keeping me cool.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Drclev3
Road Master

Sounds like I missed another great ride today!! Cant wait to ride with some old friends and make some new. We will have to get the Tamiami Ride back on the list soon!!We will have to wait for Murp and Ron to get back from their adventure.
Sleepman what kind of bike you looking to get? Man I really liked your glide.It is going to be hard to top that.
Cant wait to see the Pics

Old 06-29-2008, 04:06 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Oh yeah, Jeremey, nice scoot, now you have me thinking.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:09 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: masterblaster

Oh yeah, Jeremey, nice scoot, now you have me thinking.
Thanks Jerry, it's a blast to ride.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:34 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Don, again qutos for you but also&nbsp\\;to Jackie, what a trooper to hang with the guys on the geezer rides and you guys ride 2 up with no shield and look good. No actually you don't look good, she does. qutos to Jackie.

Quick Reply: Possible lake okechobee ride this weekend?