Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

crash pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008 | 06:58 PM
longboard2
|
6th Gear
Default crash pictures

Why do people send you motorcycle accident pictures when they know you ride? I don't even like to see the posts about accidents here.&nbsp\\;I have been down twice. I ride on 128 outside of boston on a regular basis. I have to work up the courage to ride on some days. I sometimes don't ride for a day because I feel I feel like I'm pressing my luck\\; and then someone sends me a motorcyle accident picture. Who in their right mind thinks I want to see them because I ride. Does anyone else get these?

Old 06-18-2008 | 07:05 PM
Johnnyx
Road Captain
Default RE: crash pictures

Brother if ya gonna be a turtle in a shell you aint never gonna have fun
who cares if i die tomorrow i had a blast today thats all i care about
you are never promised another minute,second,hour so dont be skeered just make sure that they all know you love them before you go.
JMO
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008 | 07:33 PM
Maxdmax
Advanced

I don't really like seeing it, but without the exposure I do not think I would take nearly the care when I ride that I do.&nbsp\\; If understanding what happened helps any of us avoid a single crash it is a good thing.&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;

Old 06-18-2008 | 07:57 PM
nyharleydave
6th Gear

Here, here JohnnyX!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I've been down twice.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Once at 17 and agian at 27 (which had to have my left ankle rebuilt...) and been riding for 30-years now.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; You can't waste time being scared, 'cause then you're gonna screw up and sure - you'll be involved in an accident.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Ride smart not scared.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Anticipate drivers next moves, stay out of blind spots, make it know that you're ther with them, etc.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 06-18-2008 | 09:17 PM
Aces N Eights

ORIGINAL: Johnnyx

Brother if ya gonna be a turtle in a shell you aint never gonna have fun
who cares if i die tomorrow i had a blast today thats all i care about
you are never promised another minute,second,hour so dont be skeered just make sure that they all know you love them before you go.
JMO
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
WHAT MY BROTHER SAID ABOVE. God love ya Johnny!!
&nbsp\\;
Use to live life on the edge and then split that but after 6 months of healing an injury I decided to just stay on the edge and not split it any longer but I AM going to live life on the edge and not have&nbsp\\;any regrets when I am no longer physically able to and wish I would have done things differently. Yes, I was injured trying to do something to a level I was not prepared to and I paid the price. The question is: "Why didn't I do it sooner?" I would have been healed up much quicker." Those who know me know I am like this and I will probably die doing something I love. I REFUSE to allow fear to rule my life and more importantly, RUIN IT!!!
&nbsp\\;
Bottom line - The best you can hope for is to die healthy, we don't get out of here alive - ENJOY IT while you're here!!!

Old 06-18-2008 | 09:26 PM
jeffl0924
Road Master

Amen Brother...Amen...I think Ill have to drink to that! (what both my brothers said!)

Old 06-18-2008 | 10:45 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member

longboard i ride in and out of boston every day and been doing so for 30 years. try riding in traffic late mornings or early evenings before it gets to nutty. the more you do it the better you'll be able to react when others get to close to you.

Old 06-19-2008 | 12:18 AM
Drclev3
Road Master

I dont like seeing it or hearing about it but You only live once at thats for&nbsp\\;a short time so I am going to have fun while I am here&nbsp\\;you cant live in a bubble. Live life for what its worth.You cant choose the day it all comes to a end.Only god knows that!!!&nbsp\\;I live and ride in South Fla with all the blue hairs and Illegals who just came off the donkey wagon.Its good to have a little Fear/Respect but you cant let it stop you from doing something you want to do!

Old 06-19-2008 | 06:48 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

by seeing some of the accident pics it makes me be a safer driver. now i know i cant control the cages but it makes me look and be more prepared. as with you being scared? you dont belong on the bike then

Old 06-19-2008 | 07:14 AM
wilburz
Road Warrior

i think some people are&nbsp\\;jealous becuase there momma won't let&nbsp\\;them even own a bike and are just ****** anyways so they tell you about how dangerous&nbsp\\;riding is and tell you about all the wrecks. screw emmm! Ride on!

Quick Reply: crash pictures