Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

crash pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008 | 12:03 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: crash pictures

When I first joined the forum, I questioned the validity of showing crash pictures - You would have thought I shot the pope.&nbsp\\;I think details of an accident without the pictures should suffice. Personally, I try not to read too much about wrecks - it can get depressing... It pains me when I read about fellow members here who have been unfortunate enough to have been invovled in an accident.
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008 | 12:54 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior

Some people are genuinely concerned for your safety, and the others are jealous. You should be able to tell which ones are which.

Maybe you should start showing them car accident pictures.

Old 06-20-2008 | 07:15 PM
Big Pa
Road Master

Longboard,
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Riding is supposed to be enjoyable. If you have to work up the courage to ride, then it's not fun anymore. If I had to do that before getting on my bike, I'd get rid of it.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&n bsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbs p\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\ \;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Joe

Old 06-20-2008 | 07:29 PM
higg47
Road Master

Have been recovering motor vehicles at accident scenes for&nbsp\\;over 35 years. Seen some pretty gnarley stuff but still drive or ride the next day. Get over it or if you keep thinking it you will be it. Ride safe and often.

Old 06-21-2008 | 10:40 AM
Motown Glide
Banned

Once you have laid it down, everything changes!

Old 06-25-2008 | 12:16 AM
tseek555
Road Master

"Scared Straight" been down twice myself "riding for about 40 years". These photos and videos are a reminder of how defenseve we have to be and how skilled we need to be. Learn from them and let them instill better riding skills. I pray to god that someday, some where, some rider, will escape serious injury because of a picture or video that reminded him of how carefull we need to be.
Enjoy the freedom, Enjoy the ride, BE SMART..

Old 06-25-2008 | 08:02 AM
Steve_in_FL
Tourer

I think people are sending you the pics hoping it will scare you off of your bike.&nbsp\\; Many people feel we are misguided idiots to even THINK of getting on a bike, and they are only to happy to set us straight.

Old 07-02-2008 | 06:17 PM
Sftail291
Tourer

I'm not the morbid type and do go seeking out pic of crashes..........when I do see them I feel paoin for the riders.
I simply try to see them as training material..........they surely make me consider my skill level and awareness while riding.
I usually try to figure out how the crash happened and then try to apply what I've learned&nbsp\\;to my riding.
&nbsp\\;
It's like non-smoker try to reform smokers by telling them how smoking will kill them.
I refuse to be scared.....but I do have a healthy respect. If I die riding my bike.....then it was a good day to die!!!!

Old 07-07-2008 | 02:31 PM
hdways
Stage I

I don't like to look at them but I do think they serve as a good reminder that no matter how old you are or how long you have been riding, anything can happen to anyone .... for me when I see accident pictures it seems to bring me back to the real world and I remember that I am not perfect so I had better pay attention on the road.

Old 07-10-2008 | 09:06 AM
apeman
Intermediate

ride safe

Quick Reply: crash pictures