Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Question- Sebastian, FL Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007 | 06:10 PM
stef
|
Cruiser
Default Question- Sebastian, FL Area

Trying to identify a tavernthat we visited during a stay in the Sebastian area over Memorial Day 2006.

As best I can recall, we wereabout 10-15 miles north of Sebastian,turned west off Hwy 1. Located only1/2 block or so off the Hwy on thesouth side of the street . It appeared to be an older house transformed into a tavern. They had live music in the backyard onthe afternoon we stopped.

My wife claims something about Malabar, and she never seems to forget anything (unfortunately).

Like to identify to stop at again ifIam able make another trip to the area. Thanks! -Stef

Old 12-13-2007 | 08:07 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Default RE: Question- Sebastian, FL Area

I've never been there but I think this is what you're looking for.
It's located about 15 miles north of Sebastain in the town od Malabar.

Malabar's Ball & Grill
2803 Malabar Road (Hwy 514)
Malabar, FL

And, here it is on Google maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date =&ttype=&q=2803+malabar+rd.+malabar,++fl&a mp;sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.176833,81.738281&ie=UTF8 &ll=27.970753,-80.58094&spn=0.215891,0.31929&z=12&iwl oc=addr&om=1

Old 12-13-2007 | 08:42 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow, must of been a good stop or the beers were cold, another good stop is Archie's in Fort Pierce. It's on A1A on the east side of Fort Pierce Inlet, great biker bar, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A great ride you don't want to miss if your in that area is Indian River Drive between Fort Pierce and Jensen Beach on the west side of the intercoastal.

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:31 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Hey stef,
If you are ever in the area again, let me know. We'll do another Indian River Drive ride and make a stop at Archie's. They have good wings, beer, hamburgers, beer. Oh, did I mention beer.... A good biker bar. Let me know. Sorry if I can't help you out on the bar. I know of a bar in Sebation, but it is on the river. Nice place and it has stone steps in the ground for your kickstand. Nice place, but I can't remember the name at this time. I'm sure it will come to me after I log off. Isn't that how it works.?

Old 12-13-2007 | 09:37 PM
stef
|
Cruiser

The story goes like this: We had flown down to FL from WI w/ another couple for a little R&R. It had been years since I had owned or even rode a bike. As the four of us were exploring the area (cage), I could not help noticing all the bikes. Needless to say, I start to remember how much I enjoyedriding my bikesyears ago.Always knew I'd get another one, just kept putting it off until next year, etc..

Earl's (if I remembered the name correctly) was just down the road from our stay. After a few beers while sitting there watching bikes come and go, I started to really miss the riding. Funny, it's not like I don't normally spendtime around that type of environment. Just something aboutit allreally hit home. A visit to the second tavern later in the week, coupledwith a few beers just reinforced it. Returned to WI after the vacation and spent the whole winterthinking about how much fun it would be to ride again. Couldn't get the FL sights and sounds out of my mind.

Came to the conclusion, lifes too short. Purchased a 07 FXSTC the first week of May.

Brings me to today. We've hadover a foot of snow on the ground here for the past couple of weeks. Too much time to think again! Have this "vision" of riding my own bike up to the door of these two places.It makes for a more organized"vision" if I actually knew both their locations. LOL

Who knows, buying this bike started as a"vision" too! -Stef

Old 12-14-2007 | 01:09 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member

Stef- well seems like you ran but could not hide! [8D]congratulations - tuff to fight something thats in the blood.
come on down (stay maybe)... our riding season just happens to be 365 days!
+1 for Archies & Indian River Dr.

Old 12-14-2007 | 03:44 PM
BrockRKC06
Cruiser

Stef,

You are looking for a place called Earl's Hideaway

Old 12-15-2007 | 06:23 AM
1of2
"Moderator"

Maybe I need to come down one day and check out this Archies place. You know I am a sucker for good wings.

Old 12-23-2007 | 03:39 PM
rustyrun
Tourer

cHarley found it for you stef. I live about 10 miles north. Local bands and cold brew.

Old 12-23-2007 | 03:50 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Hey Stef,
Bring your bike down here, and let us know. We Fl riders will set up a ride just for you.... How's that?

Quick Reply: Question- Sebastian, FL Area