Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Delray Beach FL Motorcycle Ban

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:58 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Delray Beach FL Motorcycle Ban

Well said Kittiemon! I guess the press is trying to relay a stereotype-biker gang that will cause meyhem and chaos forcing "good citizens" into hiding each time the bikes roll in.

What the liberal press fails to realize is that more and more of us ARE mainstream and come from all walks of life.

Thanks everyone for showing up in our behalf, glad to hear Rebel Ryder's feedback (as he is one I recently met in person). Our choices and simple freedoms decay because of gross assumptions and oversite by the narrow-minded. Things get over-reacted to and then get knee-jerk responses without folks looking at the bigger picture.

Nothing to do with motorcycles, but a local park (to me) is now closed at sunset after kids (assumed) broke-up benches and some tables. "All must suffer because of a few". This quote has been around for a long time; applied to many many topics and events. The park was a great place to watch night launches of rockets and space shuttles ( being mostly void of light polution, and a great south-east view void of trees).

You guys (and gals) on this thread that have physically gone to Delray get my deepest respect and gratitude. I wish I was physically closer to Delray for a Tuesday night run to the next meeting.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks Paul. and yes just like our electorial system only a few can represent the many. so it was my pleasure and duty to be there to support the fight for our rights!
btw, I hear ya and know if you were closer you would be there too. how bout I come visit ya and we can talk about it while fishin? [sm=signs007.gif] any excuse to fish w/the "reel deal".

Old 11-07-2007, 02:31 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rebel Ryder

thanks Paul. and yes just like our electorial system only a few can represent the many. so it was my pleasure and duty to be there to support the fight for our rights!
btw, I hear ya and know if you were closer you would be there too. how bout I come visit ya and we can talk about it while fishin? [sm=signs007.gif] any excuse to fish w/the "reel deal".
I'll get back to you on that one! We'll set something up. Wahoo up next; best next period for bottom dwellers won't be till end of March, beginning of April. There are however some spots that hold snapper and grouper year round. (about 40 miles out, 120' of water).