Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:56 PM
WillyHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Florida Rally

Hey all! Mark (mark_the_spot) and I made it back safe. We went with Fish HD and his friend (another Mark) to some place near Gainesville for breakfast. The food was great and it was a great ride too! I didn't keep track of the miles, but if google is right, I racked up about 925 plus whatever extra Fish had us doing. All told it was a fantastic weekend and I really look forward to the next one. Maybe we can get some more folks from here to come along.

I really learned a number things that will help me in the future. For one, I am supposed to invest in this stuff called "sun screen"? As I understand it, if I would have used a bit of that on Saturday and today, my face would not actually be on FIRE.

Chris

Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Got back about 3pm, first chance to post. Had a great time. Thanks Murph, Poor Boy and all ya'll that got this together.

No sooner had I rolled in, then 2 of my neighbors motored up to the dock with a dozen mullet and a sheepshead. After several beers, and much experimenting with a marinade (Grand Marnier, Crystal hot sauce, dark corn syrup ...) we had a stand updinner next to the grill, more beerthen irish coffee.

Mark S. made it back to Mobile about 8pm, left Chris and Mark the Spot in Alachua as we headed west and they went north on 75.

Great time, sorry no pictures but I may have something else.

Later

-fish

Old 12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Chris,
Glad you made it back safe. Here's the sunscreen ticket. NO GAY SPRAY.

Because there is nothing more nauseating than seeing one biker smearing sunscreen into another biker's hairy back.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:02 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

ORIGINAL: fishheadsaid

Hey Chris,
Glad you made it back safe. Here's the sunscreen ticket. NO GAY SPRAY.

Because there is nothing more nauseating than seeing one biker smearing sunscreen into another biker's hairy back.
Might just have to pick some of that up. My face is as red as a baboon's a$$. Thanks for letting us tag along for brunch today. It was great!

Chris

Old 12-09-2007, 10:36 PM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is where I got the jerky from The hot is called Santa Fe

http://www.circlerjerky.com/

Old 12-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Drclev3
Road Master

Wow sounds like everyone had a blast! I wish I could have been there.Only thing that made it not so bad missing it was that I got to go Duck hunting today and got my bag limit thats the only thing keeping me from feeling so bad.Hanging out with good friends hunting. I will make the next one for sure. I was checking out the pics some very cool pics for sure looks like everyone had a good time buy the sounds of the post. Glad everything went well and everyone made it home alright.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:44 AM
WillyHD
Road Master

ORIGINAL: JaxFatBoy

Here is where I got the jerky from The hot is called Santa Fe

http://www.circlerjerky.com/

I have to get some of that! Thanks for the link Ed. It was nice to meet you.

Chris

Old 12-10-2007, 08:20 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I was so tired last night, I forgot to thank everyone for helping organize this event. We have already been talking about next year. We have some new plans in the works. I hate to say it, but the ones who missed this event...... You really missed a great time. Not a good time, but a great time. Weather was perfect, friends were perfect, bikes were perfect (except mine). Overall, I don't think anyone could have added anything that would have made it any better.....except Brock's three peckered billy goat (....the crowd holds up their three finger sign....)

Hey Fish,
Those oysters were the best I ever had. I think I eat almost a pints worth. I can't wait till next year and see what you bring. I think we should get with the hotel about allowing us to bring a grill to put in the back behind the hospitality room. I know a lot of people would have rathered BBQed instead of going out for dinner. Always room for improvement for next year.

I can't post my pics untiltonight.

Thanks again to PoorBoy for the liquid refreshment. You done a great job in that area. I don't think it would be fair to expect you to do it again. Maybe wecould all send you some money next time, or you bring the cooler and we all buy what we want there.

Once again..... AWESOME!!!! rally. Seeya on the next ride........The Keys....

Old 12-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

so so glad I got w/the program and tagged along! bout 785 miles total. thanks to all that showed - what an awesome weekend!

Old 12-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Big Pa
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey All,
Just looked at some of the pics. Looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry I had to miss out. Being without my bike with all this beautiful weather we're having is killing me. Glad everyone made it home safely. I WILL be there next year.
Joe

Quick Reply: Florida Rally