Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:14 PM
bsps1111
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Florida Rally

I called Crackers ( http://www.crackersbargrillandtiki.com/) and made a reservation for 1pm on Sat 12/8 for 30 plus bikers. I don't know the count so let me know if I need to call them for an increase. I just wanted to make contact and secure some tables. I'll shoot them an email as well and see if I can get a reply about the reservation so we have something in print. Focusing on a route from North Ocala down to Crystal River area will still give the t-shirt collectors two HD dealers to vistit ( as well as ample opportunity for anyone needing emergency parts on the trip ) and get a more relaxing ride thru the country. I will make another call to the manager at Gator Joe's ( http://www.gatorjoesocala.com/) regarding fitting us in for dinner on Sat evening. Gator Joe's is on Lake Weir in Ocklawaha ( about 20 min from the hotel). Guess I can start tweaking that route.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys got it together. So looking forward to this and meeting new friends. PLUS! Both my sons will be with me.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:53 PM
sofadog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys,
Been following this thread. You have a great ride planned, those guys from S. FL will not want to go home. Went on a ride in this same area Tuesday, thru Leesburg and than to Crystal River. Ate a Crackers and it was great. Great Tiki Bar right on the water, crystal clear water, good place to jump in and cool off!! Not sure yet if I can join you guys but I would love to. Stop off at he Crystal River Harley, that is where I purchased my ride from. Gators HD in Leesburg is a great stop, but be put on notice that the blind migrating snowbirds are in full force just as they are in S. FL.. So be extra careful.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Fla Glide
Road Captain

This is shaping up to be a great weekend.... Cant wait !!! [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 11-21-2007, 09:54 PM
WillyHD
Road Master

Is it 12-7 yet?

Chris

Old 11-22-2007, 08:48 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: bsps1111

I called Crackers ( http://www.crackersbargrillandtiki.com/) and made a reservation for 1pm on Sat 12/8 for 30 plus bikers. I don't know the count so let me know if I need to call them for an increase. I just wanted to make contact and secure some tables. I'll shoot them an email as well and see if I can get a reply about the reservation so we have something in print. Focusing on a route from North Ocala down to Crystal River area will still give the t-shirt collectors two HD dealers to vistit ( as well as ample opportunity for anyone needing emergency parts on the trip ) and get a more relaxing ride thru the country. I will make another call to the manager at Gator Joe's ( http://www.gatorjoesocala.com/) regarding fitting us in for dinner on Sat evening. Gator Joe's is on Lake Weir in Ocklawaha ( about 20 min from the hotel). Guess I can start tweaking that route.
I have the actual list from the hotel. It has the person who registered, and the guest. According to the list, there are 25 people going. I know some people did not list their guest. We might have anywhere from 30-40 people going. I hope this helps.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:32 AM
bsps1111
Advanced

Thanks for the count Murph. From the pics of the restaurant you can see that inside it is just a HUGE room surrounded by windows leading out to a HUGE outside deck / bar / tikki hut area. Tables can be mixed / matched every which way. Plus or minus 10 or so folks won't make any difference. Same with Gator Joe's.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Fla Glide
Road Captain

Murph, any news on the designs for the shirts?.......

Old 11-23-2007, 11:26 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Fla Glide

Murph, any news on the designs for the shirts?.......
I have had two drafts sent to me. The first one wasn't good. The second one was better. Still needs to be tweaked a little.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:40 PM
yepuhuh
Tourer

I'll follow the crowd....

Paul as long as you don't get lost I won't be lost!

Quick Reply: Florida Rally