Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 08:42 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts
Default RE: Florida Rally

ORIGINAL: bsps1111

PoorBoy's altered map goes thru the parts of Marion County that are the most scenic. The North to Northwest is the nicest. The route is on all major roads but I can tweak the route for lower traffic and higher scenic value. It would eliminate the congested Leesburg area (sorry Murph, I could give you a tour on a subsequent trip) and take a large chunk out of the ride time as well.
Will this eliminate Gators??

Old 11-20-2007, 09:06 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

How do you guys feel about bsps1111 tweaking the route. I think he can take poorboy's route to the next level. I will do what the masses want. Oh, bsps1111, when you get the route finalized, would you send me the GPS file. I have a friend who is bringing his GPS unit to the ride. I would like to download it to his GPS. You can send it to my email address.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Fla Glide
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That works for me..... I'll just fall in line crank up the cd player and ride

Old 11-20-2007, 10:32 PM
bsps1111
Advanced

1of2.....I'm sure you wouldn't be one of those Gator Haters....right ??

Murph....have you had any further contact with the woman from the alternate restaurant in Ozello, Backwater Jacks http://www.backwaterjacksozello.com/index.html .
Below are two other restaurants in Crystal River that are quite biker (and Gator) friendly. Both can accomodate large crowds.
http://www.crackersbargrillandtiki.com/
http://www.codysoriginalroadhouse.com/locations.asp
Waiting to determine if the preferred loop is Ocala to Crystal River and back or whether Leesburg is still in play before re-routing.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:33 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

PoorBoy's altered map goes thru the parts of Marion County that are the most scenic. The North to Northwest is the nicest. The route is on all major roads but I can tweak the route for lower traffic and higher scenic value. It would eliminate the congested Leesburg area (sorry Murph, I could give you a tour on a subsequent trip) and take a large chunk out of the ride time as well.
Sounds good to me! BTW Barry, thanks ever so much for doing this for us! Sorrywe won't be able to meet you at the rally.

Whatever tweaks you do; I will re-do the Google map and print copies for everyone! I have no problem avoiding Mt. Dora, Eustis, and other congested areas. I have no particular "itch" to visit HD stores, but I know that some folks like to collect T-Shirts. Avoiding sport-cages at Peck's is a good idea too!

I still think we need to plan/agree to a departure time so that you'll have a better idea how far to take us on our first leg before a lunch stop.

May I suggest the following (just to start the planning):

Breakfast:whatever time you want before we ride.
Fuel-up:whatever time you want before we ride.
Kickstands-up: 10:00am
Lunch stop:1:00pm
conclude: 5:00pm

P.S. Just trying to help. There's an old Navy saying that I hold dear to my heart: "Do Something.....Lead, Follow, or get the F**k out of the way" I do all three quite well. Ha ha.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member

1of2.....I'm sure you wouldn't be one of those Gator Haters....right ??

Murph....have you had any further contact with the woman from the alternate restaurant in Ozello, Backwater Jacks http://www.backwaterjacksozello.com/index.html .
Below are two other restaurants in Crystal River that are quite biker (and Gator) friendly. Both can accomodate large crowds.
http://www.crackersbargrillandtiki.com/
http://www.codysoriginalroadhouse.com/locations.asp
Waiting to determine if the preferred loop is Ocala to Crystal River and back or whether Leesburg is still in play before re-routing.
I have not heard anything from Ozello. I think you should just pick a good restaurant, and the rest of us with follow. You know the area, so you should know good eats. As long as they have meat, I'm good.

Poorboy, the times sound good to me. I was thinking about kickstands up at 9:00, but that would probably be too early for people after Friday night.......[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=partyparty.gif]

Also, who is going to volunteer to be the rally's official photographer. I know a lot of people is going to bring cameras, but I thought it would be good to have at least one person designated to be the rally photographer. Just a thought. Let me know what you all think. Any takers??????

Old 11-21-2007, 09:57 AM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

any route that is planned is good for me. as for the picture taker. yes there will be alot of cameras there and everybody will be shooting. we can set up an account on photobucket to drop in all the pics that are taken during this ride. we can have a easy password and log in name. like "HDF" for log and "FLORIDA" as a password, there we can all place pics into this.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:05 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: bulldogmoe7

any route that is planned is good for me. as for the picture taker. yes there will be alot of cameras there and everybody will be shooting. we can set up an account on photobucket to drop in all the pics that are taken during this ride. we can have a easy password and log in name. like "HDF" for log and "FLORIDA" as a password, there we can all place pics into this.
PERFECT and wonderful idea!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

in my best elvis imitation "thank you, thank you very much"

Old 11-21-2007, 04:04 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member