Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Florida Rally

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Fandango6
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Florida Rally

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

Oh yea, forgot to mention:

Wife will be trailing behind in her SUV, but she will be hauling a large cooler full of free beer on icefor everyone! I figure there may be a few of us wanting to wash away the trail dust! Hee hee.
free beer on icefor everyone! Well heck yea, one snow birdchecked in for Fri thru Sunday!

Old 09-19-2007, 02:46 PM
wingnutt
Road Master

Reservation made. This is gonna be a blast, cant wait!!

POOR BOY YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 05:09 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I just received word from bsps1111 who lives in Ocala, the hotel is a medium hotel. I hope everyone will still be statisfied with it. There is a Holiday Inn across the street, but they would only give us $89.00 per night. Bsps said it was an older hotel, but it was clean looking. It has outside corridors instead of inside. I think it was be just fine for us. I hope you all are not disappointed when you get there. I plan on making a trip up and meeting with bsps1111 and visiting the hotel.

I can tell you bsps1111 has an AWESOME!!!!! ride planned for us on Saturday. The entire ride will take us a better part of 7-8 hours with stops at two Harley Davidson shops, lunch, and some awesome view. Trust me, you will not be disappointed in the ride.

He also has a possible place for lunch. It is not at cheap at MickeyDs, but I will let you guys decide. Here are some links to their menus. This place is located near the halfway point on the ride. The restaurant is called Back Water Jack's Waterfront RestaurantLet me know what you think.

Click here ---->Menu Pages 1-3
Click here ---->Menu Pages 4-6
Click here ---->Menu Pages 7-9

Old 09-19-2007, 05:21 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... sorry Murph, but free cold beer does kinda trump all your duediligence here!

PoorBoy is da man, now!!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-19-2007, 05:29 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: murph

I just received word from bsps1111 who lives in Ocala, the hotel is a medium hotel. I hope everyone will still be statisfied with it...
I did notice, when I got my conformation e-mail, that it was a Howard Johnson's~ It just doesn't have a kitchen and all, but as long as I can sleep on the bed, and wash away the sweat in a decent shower...I'm good to go! Can't be any worse then sleeping on the ground and washin the sweat off in a retention pond, anyhow~

Old 09-19-2007, 05:42 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Fine with me Murph. A clean place to shower and sleep is all I need. This is America. Good food can be found pretty easily.

I still say "GREAT JOB MURPH"

Old 09-19-2007, 06:45 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Murph you're over-worrying my friend. The original place will be fine for our get together, no need to second guess or think that any PLACE is going to put a damper on our fun. It is all about the camaraderie.

The ride that bsps1111 is putting together sounds intriguing, and the lunch menu looks great. Again, I don't care if we drive around the block a hundred times and then eat at a hotdog stand. We'll have fun because we want it to be fun. It will be that simple!

The cooler of beer coming will be an eclectic mix of brews knowing that I can't please everyone, but there will be a lot of it.Nine to eveven cases all in one monster cooler(162 quart size)withover ahundred pounds of ice. It will take four people to carry it to a common area.

I can't wait!!!!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 06:49 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know, I know.........

Let me be the first to say "What are we going to do for beer the second night?" Hee hee hee hee.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-19-2007, 06:55 PM
wingnutt
Road Master

Murph, Ive been by the place many times. Its right across the street from the entrance to Silver Springs. Its old, but well kept considering its age. It will serve the purpose just fine. As PoorBoy said its all about camaraderie, and meeting new freinds. The ride sounds awesome!! Gonna be a great time!!!

Thanks for putting it all together man!!

Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys make it worth it. I know we will have a great time no matter where we are. I was going to tell you the route, but I thought it would be better to leave it a surprise. I'm already starting to pack..... Can we say, anxious.....

Quick Reply: Florida Rally