Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Lake Okeechobee Ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:01 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Lake Okeechobee Ride

wideglide95thand I have planned a ride around lake okeechobee on Saturday8-4-07. We will be meeting up somewhere in Okeechobee around 9:30 a.m. We would like to invite any members who would like to ride with us. It should be a great ride. wideglide95th or I will be posting more information as we work out some of the fine details. It would be nice if we had a large turn out. Hope to see some of you all there.

If you have never rode around Lake Okeechobee, you don't know what you're missing. There is a lot of scenic things to see. Awesome ride. I hope a lot of you can make it.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Lake Okeechobee Ride

I sent a pm to Alias to set up the place to meet. He will post.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What time do you want to start out? That will make a difference in where to meet. Do you want to meet for breakfast or maybe lunch or do you just want to hook up and start riding and then stop somewhere later.

It's up to you guys.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to ride. Me and my brother will try and do so. Let me know more details.It will take about 1hr1/2 to get there if you are starting out in okeechobee. We will be going up 27 and around. Let me know sounds great!!

Old 07-30-2007, 04:30 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member

Alias,
Meet at the restaurant of your choice at 9:30 am. We can go around the north end of the Big O stopping at the overlooks Port Myacca, Pahokee, Slims Fish Camp, Clewiston, Moore Haven, and throw in a conveince store or 2 for a soda. Just a little ride to get away on a saturday morning.

Drclev3,
Where are you coming from? I could meet up with you in Moore Haven to make the trip on in to Okeechobee..

Old 07-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Live south in Pompano Beach But my brother lives right off the Sawgrass we can jump on it and hit 27 and run right through Clewiston and Moore Haven and hook up there for the rest of the way to Okeechobee to meet up with the others.I need to make sure I can get off work before I commit.This time of year I sometimes have to work on weekends.[:@] I work for a City Park and Recreation and I run a youth football program there and I need to make sure I have someone to cover me. I cant let the little guys down Ya Know.But I will work on it in the morning and make sure it happens.I think this is a great Idea. I would like to get more rides together with more people maybe ride the west coast .Maybe we could get the word out on a diffrent thread like general chat?We might be able to get a few more willing to ride. Okechobee is a cool ride around me and my brother do it all the time its not to far but far enough away you fell like you stepped back in time a little.I fyou guy have any more info let me know and I will keep you posted on the out come.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:57 AM
MJ
Elite HDF Member

That sounds good. We need to leave Moore Haven about 8:45 to make it to Okeechobee by 9:30. Let me know and we can meet up at the BP station on the north end of town.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Reno
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

this sounds like a good day. I wish I could meet up with you guys but I am throwing my girlfriend a birthday part on Saturday at our house. So things need to get done around there. Enjoy the ride. My buddy I did that ride back in March. It was a good time.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:43 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like things are coming together. I hope more jump in. My group will be leaving Fort Pierce around 8:30 to meet up. How about breakfast at "Pogey's Restaurant" in Okeechobee around 9:30 a.m. Or we can wait for another place if you know one that might be better. I'm flexible. Here is a link to Pogey's.

Click here ---->Pogey's Restaurant

Old 07-31-2007, 04:01 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member

Pogeys at 9:30 it is. I haven't heard back from Alias. Hey Drclev3: Are you in? I have 2 for sures, 3 probablys, and 2 maybes.Iwould likemany, but even it is just me, Iam in and ready to ride. Any one out there is welcome.

Quick Reply: Lake Okeechobee Ride