Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Lake Okeechobee Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:04 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lake Okeechobee Ride

[sm=welcomesign.gif]Norm! I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to come by and meet you~ I was just wanting to get home by the end of the day~ My seat, the Badlander, isn't the best for long hauls and my **** was begging me to get off it!
How was the Jeff Dunham show? We're supposed to see him in Orlando on the 25th, but they already sold out... I'm so angry with myself for not taking you up on your offer! I think there are still seats for the Friday show, but most everyone that was going works late ours and feels they'll be "too tired" to do the Friday show~ Looks like Brenda and I will be going by ourselves~ Gotta love Peanut!!
I'm sure we'll get to meet you one of these days~ Glenn was telling me about Peggy's, I'm hoping to get there one of these weekends! I hope his bar stool road rash is doing better too... he was a real trooper to make the ride after that mishap! [8D]

Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Normfl
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing could have stop him from meeting all of you! He is still a little stiff but healing ok...Jeff Dunham was great but no Peanut, he introduced a new puppet that was an skelleton, kinda creepy but very funny as usual.

Hope to meet both you and Brenda, since she rides what I call a "Benburger" for the Steelers QB who rode the same bike before he got hit!

Already planning for this next weekends ride...check out http://slicksscooterschedule.com/for the event in Sanford at Johnny Rotton's August 12th.

Norm

Old 08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

I heard you was a big Steeler's fan~ I remember whenBen went down... it was all over the Busa forum~ I can't believe Jeff would do a show without Peanut~ I would feel totally ripped off! Peanut made that man's career~ We've got a DVD of his that we have about burned out... not to mention all the quotes we hear daily from his gang of puppets~
Thanks for that link... I've bookmarked it and will keep checking back for rides~ My brother rides a Duece, but couldn't join us for the ride Saturday~ He is always looking for poker runs and such to ride~ I'm sure we'll be seeing ya'll out there on the road one of these days...

Old 08-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Normfl
Stage III

We bought the Softail (red headed B**ch #2, I am #1)right after Ben went down, what an idiot for not wearing a helmet, after all he was the youngest QB to ever win a Superbowl. Go Steelers!

Slick Scooter is the best website for bike events..take care and I am sure we will see you soon...
Norm

Old 08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
richnmib
Cruiser

How long of a ride is it around the lake? It looked awesome. If I didn't have plans I would have definatelytried to make it. Hopefully the next one I can make.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:21 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

I put in just over 450 miles from my house in Port Richey around the lake and back home~ It's a full day for those of us around here~It's well worth the time if you love to ride as much as we do~

Old 08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

dang Blue your 450 makes my 250 seem like a quick jaunt. your wife must love that busa to endure that haul!
again glad you two decided to join in - every ride needs at least one night train.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:21 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I had about 240 miles on my bike from and back to my front door. I hope everyone can make this Rally in December my and WD95th are trying to get together.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:50 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Thanks guys for starting a tradition that will last for a long long time.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:57 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Mike, BD Murph it would be good if you went back in this thread and re-post some of these pics.

Would be really good if someone has a pic of Kimbo and Charley with Murph standing in front of them like a crossing guard and them with the, who the fk do these guys think they are stopping traffic like this and interrupting my ride look on their faces, and Murph with hand out.

Quick Reply: Lake Okeechobee Ride