Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Lake Okeechobee Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:44 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Lake Okeechobee Ride

GREAT TIME

Old 08-05-2007, 04:15 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Blue Dragon has posted some pics here.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2014169/tm.htm

Old 08-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be posting my pix later on tonight.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:13 PM
MikeL
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I could have been there, however, the wife and I were in Key West over the weekend. Keep me posted on the next ride, I want to be there.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:46 AM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drclev3

Wow sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I am sorry I missed it. Today started out bad but ended up being a nice day anyway. Started out I could not find my key for the bike Was late meeting Master and Rebel missed them drove all the way to MooreHaven Missed you guys there and then drove to okeechobee missed you guys there. It was like I was two steps behind every stop.I would have like to meet all of you and ride.All was not lost we(me and my brothers) Had a great ride around the lake and stopped a few times to check out the lake. Heck we were probaly at the samr place who knows. But next time Hopfully soon I am in for sure. I hate to commit to something and not show up. but I did get a couple of pictures. Lets start planning the next ride May ride down to tamiami trail up 75 and across 80 then back down. I am game for anything. Again I apoloigize for not showing I hate that myself. I hope I didnt hold anyone up. Thats me on the Heritage Classic. and the other two are my Brothers

[IMG]local://upfiles/28075/E1E79EEC536B443EA58E6186A59BF974.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28075/A7B99E17EB8440DD9EEA874B8B13DCF5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28075/F2FCD51810464A8E9808B22AC3161BFD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28075/F43DA782CE854C81BCDC1587780816E4.jpg[/IMG]
ha! its all good - glad you got in a ride. funny I missed meeting up w/MasterB, probably just missed him and then your crew. I cranked it (80-85) up 27 to moore haven too; was fortunate to catch the guys at the BP (whew) even w/the notorious speed traps in south bay! from there it was all butter. glad I didn't back out; especially after missing the s. fla group. great ride w/good folks despite near record high temps.ready for next time!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:58 AM
fmbeach
Tourer

Long hot day but great ride!. Thanks for meetingme Greg & Brenda. Brenda's 'Busa is a rocketship. Hope dinner at Gecko's was to your liking. Just made it back to the house before company arrived. Would havejoined you otherwise.

Tony was the bomb getting your oil cooler straightened out. I have at least 10 customers coming his way for CCW.

Thanks to Widegilde, Murph and Ailias for getting the ride organized.If any of you get to the Sarasota/Bradenton area please look us up.

Glenn.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:28 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Gecko's was an excellent suggestion for dinner... the food was great~ Although the place got packed real fast... we were lucky to get a table when we did~ Next time we're coming to your place for brats and burgers, though!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:32 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: wideglide95th

Blue Dragon has posted some pics here.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2014169/tm.htm
Yup yup... thanks for posting the link~ I'm gonnaburn them on CD and send them to Murph, also~ If anyone else would like a copy, just PM me an addy to send it to.. and specify if you want them on CD or DVD.. I can do either~ [8D]

Old 08-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: murph

Nice pics WG.

I forgot to mention my mishap to you all. I was a mile away from home and decided I needed to fill up my tank. I was filling my tank when the nozzle of the pump came out of the small hole and slide over brass casing inside the tank. (kinda like when you put your finger over the end of a running water hose). Well it covered the console and front end of my bike with gas. Needless to say I was a little ticked off. I finished pumping, and then used a liter bottle of water and washed down the front end of my bike.

When I got home, I took off the console to let it dry. I used window cleaner and wiped down the entire front end. Then I used my Harley polish and sprayed the whole front end. It is just amazing I was only 1 mile away from being home. Go figure.... Funny now.
sucks Murph! did you forget to mention the hot blonde thatdistracted you? at least you wereclose to homeand remedied the situation. I hate gas anywhere but in the tank! I think later in the day we were all crazy from the HEAT!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Normfl
Stage III

fmbeach's wife here, I am now sorry I didn't go on the ride! You all sound like you had a great time! Next one I will NOT miss!

Norm

Quick Reply: Lake Okeechobee Ride