Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Lake Okeechobee Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:35 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Lake Okeechobee Ride

Tomorrow is the day..... My bike is almost ready. I'm definitely ready. My friend who owns the Victory just called my today and told me he has to bail. His bike is in the shop for repairs on his clutch. Funny, my Harley did not need to go in the shop. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm. Can't wait. If anyone needs any directions, please send me a PM. I will help as best as I can. I grew up in this area all my life, so I should be able to get you lost pretty good.....lol...

Old 08-03-2007, 03:52 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey Murph,

I am ready. All I have to do is check the air in my tires and check my oil. I have picked up a few more riders today. Looking forward to tomorrow. My camera battery is on charge. Did you see we picked up afew from the Tampa and Sarasota area.The more the better.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:01 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Hey wideglide95th,

Sounds like my friends knew he was going to be out numbered. I checked the weather and it is suppose to be pretty much sunny all day. Here is a link for an hour to hour forecast.

Click here ---->Saturday Lake Ride Weather

Old 08-03-2007, 04:06 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes, I have the news on now. extra HOT they say, But I am a real Floridian. I would rather ride in the heat than the cold anyday. Some metrics on my end, but does't bother me.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:18 PM
BrockRKC06
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Murph,

I am ready to go. See you at the sheriffs office at 08:30.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Masterblaster, Rebel We can meet up with you at the harley off of595 at 7:15 or so with my group and head up from there amd meet the rest in moore haven and the head up to the top of the lake.Let me know if you still want to meet though so we are not waiting around.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah looks like an extra water and super sunscreen day! I'll take it! past couple weekends have been rain ridden."I'm itchin to ride" is an understatement.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Drclev3

Hey Masterblaster, Rebel We can meet up with you at the harley off of595 at 7:15 or so with my group and head up from there amd meet the rest in moore haven and the head up to the top of the lake.Let me know if you still want to meet though so we are not waiting around.
yeah bro I'll be there and I'm sure master and his crew too 0700 - 0715. look forward to ridin w/ya!

Old 08-04-2007, 05:06 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Not a problem, come and join us Drclev3.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:30 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Looks like I'm to first to post after the ride. Unless someone started to new thread.... The ride was great. It was awesome meeting everyone. I think WG95th did a great job in leading the band of rebels. (no punt intended there Rebel Ryder) It was hot, but the wind felt nice on my face. It was an awesome sight when I say two lanes of bikes taking up the stretch of the highway. It is funny how a little thread ended up in a great ride and making new friends. We will DEFINITELY have to set up another ride soon. My friend Tony asked me how I meet all of these people. He was amazedthat itwas because of this forum. I can't remember everyone that was there, so please don't get offended. Here is the list I can remember.

Masterblaster
Alias
Wideglide95th
BrockRKC06
Rebel Ryder
Fmbeach
BlueDragon
And many friends

I know there were more, but I can't remember there screen names. I know someone with add them in. Please don't get offended. I'm bad with names.

Quick Reply: Lake Okeechobee Ride