Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Lake Okeechobee Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Slope
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Lake Okeechobee Ride

Weather forcast for Saturday is good!!! Clear and sunny!!

Old 08-02-2007, 05:14 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

WG95th, I will meet you at that BP at 0830, will be picking up another rider to join us. I dont know about Slopes weather report though, be ready to get a little wet, will dry out as soon as the rain stops though, no biggie.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:31 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

No ride and stay dry, or ride and possibly get wet? Decisions, Decision, Decisions.

I'll take the ride myself.

I hope you make it Slopes. Tell you friends.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 AM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Forecast for our area shows 30% chance of rain with dry conditions moving across the state for the weekend. It has been 60% all week and raining some afternoons, but not all. Come on Slopes let's ride. Any Fort Myers area members want to ride?

Old 08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going with you guys!

I'll be at Pogey's no later then 9:00am. Are we going to eat at Pogey's and then start the ride or should we eat earlier?

I'll try and get some morefolks together.

This sounds like fun.

Someone bring a camera! We need picks to post.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

My group will be there around 9:30. I have a friend who is diabetic. He needs to eat, so I think we will be eating then. Maybe he could wait if there is somewhere better to eat. I'm always up to try something new.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am interested and have sent links to redman53 and another bud! maybe I can hook up w/masterblaster since we're practically neighbors??? haven't done the lake and at that early in the morning screw directions - all I want to do is ride and play follow the leader!

if I come I'll try to remember to bring my camera

Old 08-02-2007, 04:16 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Cool Rebel Ryder. Sounds like our numbers are growing there wideglide95th. I wonder what people will think when they see all of these bikes come roaring past them. This is going to be fun. Can't wait.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I am inCant wait. I know for sure me and my one brother are going I am trying to talk my oldest in to going as well. He is not to sociable dont like crowds.This is the first group ride Ive been on. Most of the time its me a a couple of buddies or my brothers.IM not to big on eating that early in the morning but hey a cup of Joe can do wonders. I will bring a camera in case no one else does. Sounds like we have alot of bike going.Wide Glidewewill meet you at the BP fill up and we will be on our way.Keep me posted if anything changes and I will do the same.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:17 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Great Drclev3 and Rebel Ryder. I am looking forward to it also. I am justa 50 yr old kid when it comes to riding.I have a digital camera that I always take on rides. We can make a few ridersjealous once we post pics. I think we can make a good group picture at the levee in Okeechobee after breakfast. You guys from down south we can meet up at the BP in Mooe Haven around 8:30, fill up then head on ot Okeechobee to meet up with Murph and Alias and friends. One of my for sures notified me today that he can't make it now. No one to fill infor him at the bait shop. I picked up a few more maybes today. Alot of my friends that are always up for a ride at the drop of a hat are on vacation. One of them is at Deals Gap. Come on Fort Myers people or Lake area riders let's go.

Quick Reply: Lake Okeechobee Ride