Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Lake Okeechobee Ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 04:06 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Lake Okeechobee Ride

Hey wideglide95th, maybe one of us should post a thread in the general chat area with a link to this one. There might be some Florida members, or other members, who have not looked in this section. Just an idea. The mods might not like it though.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:33 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys going around the whole lake? Starting at Pogeys then to SR 78 to 27 to 720 to 27 to 80 to 715 to 441 then back to Pogeys? Or just the opposite?How long does it take and how many miles? I never did the whole lake, only half. I'd have to give up my golf game but I'm considering going with two buds of mine.

P.S. Won't be any metrics will there. lol

Old 07-31-2007, 07:22 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Doc Harley,

Actually all are meeting in Okeechobee at Pogeys at 9:30 then travel on the eastern side on 441 to 715 to 80 to 27 to 78 clock wise around the lake. If Drclev3 and his group comes from Pompano, he will start on the southern end and break off when we get to that point. My group and I are starting on the south western shore at Moore Haven and will break of there. About 2 1/2 hours with out stopping, but I would like to stop at the levee access points to view the lake, since it is so low. Not a fancy ride, but beats doing yard work on a Saturday morning huh. I have lived on Lake Okeechobee all my 50 years. I hope you come ride with us.
I see you are from Fort Lauderdale. If you come up 27 you can meet up with us in Moore Haven around 8:45. Nice bike. I would love to see it in person.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DocHarley

Believe it or not, some of my friends don't ride Harleys.... I hope you all don't mind.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:20 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: murph

ORIGINAL: DocHarley

Believe it or not, some of my friends don't ride Harleys.... I hope you all don't mind.
Well I don't butone of my buds might mess with their minds. hehe Maybe I'll leave him at home. To be honest it does not look like I will make it anyhow.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:56 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I am coming from Miramar, I'll beat Pogeysat 0930. Sounds like a great ride, been wanting to do this for a while.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:31 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Come on Doc, you have to make it. I want to see your bike up close.

ORIGINALocHarley

Well I don't butone of my buds might mess with their minds.
Please DO!.. I have a friend who rides a Victory, and he is constantly teasing me about how his Victory Hammer is more of an American bike than my 07 Harley. We go back and forth..... (All in fun though)....

Old 08-01-2007, 04:00 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey Doc,

Some of my friends ride metrics too. My oldest son rides a Sprotster and my youngest son rides a crotch rocket. Well he did until he crashed it and broke the frame and his leg. Now the rocket is in my shop and he is still making payments on it.I use to ride metrics,but always wanted a Harley. Like Murph said. We want to see your bike.

Masterblaster, if you come on up 27 to Moore Haven, we can meet up atthe BP on the left side of the road at the north end of town around 8:30. Bring some buddies.

I think I picked up a few more riders today.

Alias sent me a pm and said he will meet us at Pogeys.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent a pm to Widglide to let him know I will find out if I can go in the morning.I am working hard to make it happen!! Just have to get the OK from the supervisor and I am on my way. I will find out tomorrow and I will let you guys know. I hope I can go It would cool to get to meet some of the people on here a Ride with them.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:56 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

I hope you can make it Drclev3. Glad you can make it Masterblaster. Sounds like this is going to be a large run... More is better. I wonder what my Victory friend is going to think when he sees about 20 Harley come screaming up...... Oh, so much fun.

Quick Reply: Lake Okeechobee Ride