Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

First Time Tat Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 PM
japel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Time Tat Ideas

I am trying to figure out what I want to get for a tattoo. I know where I am going to go to get it done, my problem is I don't know what I want to get, or where I want to put it. I'm 27, I'm a cop & a firefighter. I have been riding for almost 8 years now, recently married w/ no kids. I just know I want one and I want it to be symbolic. Any body give me some ideas? And if you are from Jersey where did you get yours done? Thanks for any help.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:56 AM
1peter
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First Time Tat Ideas

What about a smilingcop giving afirefighter at ticket on his way to work???? Thats symbolic Isn't it???? On the other arm you could have a firefighter setting a cop on fire after getting the ticket???? Just throwing Ideas at you!

Old 07-13-2007, 08:03 AM
japel
Tourer

Did give me a good laugh I will say that much.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Think long and hard about this.

Thern get something that means something to you.

Like a creed or something.

I got MOLON LABE with a M16 on my right shoulder.

It means "Come and get it"..which is basically my main belief, if you want to outlaw something that I legally own, then "Come and get it"

Old 07-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to sound fatherly but....I have 6 Tats and each one means something to me. My suggestion is to wait until you know, without any outside influence, what it is you want the world to know about you. Be it your wife's name, you affiliation with the police/fire department, or what kind of bike you ride. Remember, tats go on a lot easier than they come off. Don't ink yourself because of a friends suggestion. Just my .02

Old 07-14-2007, 06:26 PM
puddles13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with NavyChief.

I have 3 tatts. Each and everyone I can tell you about why I got them. The last one took 4 1/2 hours to do. Found the artist work and fell in love with how she did coloring. Wrote her and she was coming to a convention close to me. We exchanged e mails and I wrote her a long e mail with what I wanted in the design with the symbolism for everything that is in it. Saw the design when I got there and fell in love with it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16353/8C28DB61D10B4B7D86E5522B9FDCF5A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Scruggs
Cruiser

I agree with NavyChief.
Also I do not tell the artist exactly what I want, I give her an idea of what I want and let her play around with it. More times than not the artist will be able to take my idea and really run with with.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:20 PM
japel
Tourer

I know that I want something meaningful to me. My problem is I am rather picky. I'm sure once I decide on something and I get it I will like it, that's not my problem. It's just making a final decision because I want to make sure it'snot something I'm going to regret. I do know that once I have children they will end up on my body.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 PM
8upBiker
Intermediate

Like everybody says get something meaningful to you all my tats have been custom designed for me by my ideas that way I know somebody wont go in a shop and pick something like mine. placement, do you want to be able to hide it?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Urban Coyote
Cruiser

I don't have any tattoos. I just couldn't think of anything that I would want permamently put on my body where I would like it now, but also 30 years from now.

I could get a small, nuetral design such as your basic American eagle tattoo, some tribal art or my zodiac sign where it wouldn't look too silly to me when I am much older.

I alsohave other things I could put my money towards that I'd rather have, like a Harley.

But then, is it a requirement that a Harley rider must have at least one tat? [sm=confused06.gif]

Quick Reply: First Time Tat Ideas