Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007 | 10:00 AM
Aces N Eights
Default RE: Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday

Hey guys traveling North from tghe Macon area, Sunday mornings there is little traffic. I will check to see if any large events area taking place in the Atlanta area such as an Al Sharpton march or something. If you guys leave at 0645, you will be in Cumming between 0900 - 0930. I recently made the ride from Macon to Canton (45 minutes from Cumming) on a Sunday afternoon in less than 2 hours. Rode from I-475 straight through Atlanta. Are you guys going to take I-285 to 400 then on to Cumming?

Hope the weather cooperates. Too many people are looking forward to the mini-vacation.

Ride safe everyone!
Dean

Old 07-08-2007 | 11:08 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: 07 Heritage Classic

Gonna be fun! Can't wait to meet the new folks joining us! I think most of us have seen Karenon the showdown forum. I know I can't wait to meet her. Forgive me, it is Friday and I had a lot of beer left over from the 4th I decided to consume tonight. I hope Andre will be able to join us; if not, I hope he and his wife are doing well.

Take care guys, see you all on the 15th!
Dean
LOL! Just saw this Dean. Hope I don't dissapoint. No pressure, right? After the week my husband and I have had, we're really looking forward to the riding. Glad we're getting the rain we're getting but the soggy weekend made for no riding for us. I think Gary Collins (GGC) will be coming along with us. I think Gordon (back again) is heading up to the Gettysburg rally and I haven't heard anything more from Bob (bobg1253) about he and his wife Maria coming along. Sounds like we'll have a good and convivial group.

Old 07-08-2007 | 01:30 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,462 Likes on 2,601 Posts

No not heading north Karen plans have changed with work. I'm going back to Disney world in August to start the new ContemporarySuites. Damn I'm gonna miss another winter how sad. Gotta go to Orlando fri for a pre construction meeting with the contractor but will be back in time to make the ride Sun. I got a monkeymansticker for ya. Anybody plan a route yet? Long way or short from Alpharetta? At least up here I know we won't be going around in a circle.
Looking foward to meeting the new folks and seeing the old ones,that's if Gary comes. Hope the weather holds. It was miserable coming back in the rain from Cherokee last Sun. Y'all get your stomach muscles tuned up this is a funny bunch.

Old 07-08-2007 | 02:44 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 07 Heritage Classic

Hey guys traveling North from tghe Macon area, Sunday mornings there is little traffic. I will check to see if any large events area taking place in the Atlanta area such as an Al Sharpton march or something. If you guys leave at 0645, you will be in Cumming between 0900 - 0930. I recently made the ride from Macon to Canton (45 minutes from Cumming) on a Sunday afternoon in less than 2 hours. Rode from I-475 straight through Atlanta. Are you guys going to take I-285 to 400 then on to Cumming?

Hope the weather cooperates. Too many people are looking forward to the mini-vacation.

Ride safe everyone!
Dean
Think we are taking 75 to 675 then to 400. David's Dad knows the way from here to Cumming so he will get us straight.

Old 07-09-2007 | 08:48 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

That's great Gordon that you'll make it!! Look forward to seeing you on Sunday a.m. then hopefully with Gary in tow.

Old 07-09-2007 | 06:36 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: HeritageBrian

Hey dexo, we are going to shoot for leaving Gray at 0600 instead. That way, we have plenty of time (possible traffic/Atlanta) to get to Cumming. So, we should be at the gas station on the Hwy 18 exit around 0630-0645.
Well...poop! That means I have to get up even eariler....[:'(]J/K I'll be there about 06:30. Looking forward to it.

Old 07-09-2007 | 06:58 PM
FIREFIGHTER883
|
Road Master

Man i hope the weather is good that day. Unfortunatly they show 30% chance of thunderstorms. Well anything can happen between now and then. Let's hope and pray for a good sunny dry day.

Old 07-09-2007 | 07:12 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Sounds good, dexo. David and I will be there around 0630. Hwy 18 has some sharp curves on it after crossing Hwy 87. So, if we are a little late, it's because of that and plus it will just be getting daylight when we leave Gray.

I'm keeping an eye on the forecast myself and they are showing 30% for Gray and Helen. Highs in the mid 80's. If no rain, then it will be great riding weather!

Old 07-09-2007 | 10:23 PM
bobg1253
Road Captain

I was planning to join in on the ride but my grandson's birthday party is scheduled for this Sunday. One of the few reasons good enough to keep me off the bike. Hope to join in on the next ride.

Old 07-10-2007 | 08:33 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Bob, you and Maria will be missed but enjoy your grandson's day. Gary isn't going to make it either, but Gordon is coming along. Hope to see you next time.

Hopefully the rain will hold off for us on Sunday. I really need to get out and ride!

Quick Reply: Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday