Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007 | 09:30 AM
FIREFIGHTER883
|
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday

Gongrats Andre,
Hope everything went well, if you need something let me know.

Old 07-02-2007 | 10:23 AM
mrghos
Road Master

Hey thanks ya'll. But the kid is still cooking... We are hoping and praying it wont be too much longer. Tracie is miserable but toughing it out like a trooper. I probably wont make it if you all ride on the 4th. I am trying to stick close to her as we think it could be any day now...

Have a brew for me and keep me in the loop on other rides and what you all are doing.

I appreciate the well wishes and all that stuff...

Old 07-02-2007 | 05:17 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If someone was thinking about heading up from Florida to join ya'll on the ride, come the 15th, where would be the best place to stay, closest to the meeting point?
I'm debating taking the trip to ride the GA territory and have the chance to meet some of the members here~ Can't make any promises, I never do, but want to find out how bad it would put me out of pocket to make it happen~ I know I can get to Atlanta from here in about 6-7 hours~ So I'm thinking of heading up in that area on Saturday and get some rest before theride~ I can bring the wife along...if ya'll don't mind her riding her Hayabusa with us~

Old 07-03-2007 | 05:14 AM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Hey dexo. My brother-in-law and I will be heading out around 0630 taking Hwy 18 to Forsyth and then hit 75N. There is a gas station and a Shoney's right there on the Hwy 18 exit if you want to meet us there and we can ride up to Cumming. I'm guessing it will take us about 30-45 mins to ride from Gray to Forsyth so we could meet upbetween 0700 and 0715.

Greg. How about staying in Macon Saturday night and joining up with us on I-75 in Forsyth early Sunday morning?

Old 07-03-2007 | 09:28 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HeritageBrian
Greg. How about staying in Macon Saturday night and joining up with us on I-75 in Forsyth early Sunday morning?
That sounds like a plan! Macon would be even closer for me and I wouldn't have to deal with the Atlanta area traffic even~ Looks like Forsyth is just off 75 at...41(?)~ I've talked to the wifey and she's all for it.. so far it looks like we may be able to make the trip~ Count us in... and if something should come up that prevents us from making it, I'll let ya'll know by the Friday before... and thanks for letting us tag along! These flat Florida roads get real boring after 20 years!

Old 07-03-2007 | 10:08 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

Damn. being married can be such a pain sometimes! [&:]

Look's like we'll be staying in Alpharetta now...... the wifey doesn't want to have to get up too early after driving through the night~ So I guess we'll be meeting everyone at the awful waffel in Cumming as well~ [8D]

Old 07-03-2007 | 10:24 AM
Aces N Eights

BlueDragon, you and the wife are more than welcome to join us. Since you are staying in Alpharetta, I'm sure Alex, (Firefighter883) can give you direction that will keep you out of most of the traffic and get you guys to the Waffle House. Welcome and as of right now, you get the Ironbutt Award for traveling from Florida.

Dean

Old 07-03-2007 | 11:04 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks Dean... butt ummmmm... [&o]...we'll be trailering up to Alpharetta~ Her butt don't handle the iron too well... in either case! Her bike is quite comfy, but her back can't handle that many miles~ I'll have to denounce that award and pass it onto Brian... from the look of things~

Old 07-03-2007 | 12:46 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like we'll have a great crowd for the ride. Excellent! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 07-03-2007 | 03:27 PM
mrghos
Road Master

Greg, I live in Alpharetta, Exit 7 off 400. There are several hotels in that area. Dont know what the prices are. Glad you all are coming up to ride with us.

Andre'

Quick Reply: Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday