Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007 | 08:52 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday

ORIGINAL: 07 Heritage Classic

Alex and I had very little rain on the way back, just some slow @ss drivers. Alex and I said our farewells when he turned into his sub-division.I met some really great people today. They road through a ton of rain just to hang out in Helen. Great guys!! Brian, only kiddin' about the banna thing but loved the side meat!!! Next month we are going to have nipples on the beers Dexo and Brian drink, maybe they will finish them faster. I am glad everyone got home safe.
KAREN!!! , You were the talk of the table because you weren't there. Every bike we heard we kept looking for the Deluxe but.... No red-head on a Deluxe. I understand why you didn't make the ride, if I had to leave in the rain I probably wouldn't do it either. We are looking to ride again next month, somewhere around the 12th, if that works for everyone? Brian, Dave and Robert, Great meeting you guys and look forward to seeing you guys again next month. Hopefully, Andre can rejoin us as well as Steve. Maybe this will grow before I leave and become a regular thing and I can come down and ride again.
Everyone take care and ride safe!!

Karen, we WILL expect you to be there next month, right?

Dean
Hi Guys, SO SORRY I missed out. The rain completely ruined my day!!! Both my husband and I were completely pissed. I was glad to get it for my pastures, but I was REALLY, REALLY looking forward to this ride, meeting all of you guys and spending a day on the bike, but it rained here steadily until late morning and then off and on until 3:00 pm. My husband and I wound up doing quite a bit around the house and even though by late afternoon it turned into a beautiful day, I was so pissed about missing the ride, I didn't even get my bike out then. I'm home today as I've got to go get hay for the horses and couldn't do that over the weekend also because of the **&^% rain! and am about to get out on the bike for a bit in between errands. YES! I will plan on being there August 12th if that's when the next ride is. Hopefully the rain will not ruin it for me next time. Cannot wait!

Best regards,
Karen

Old 07-16-2007 | 09:40 AM
mrghos
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HeritageBrian
Almost forgot....we did do a toast forGreyson King Byrd.
I hope you all know how much that means to me.

Old 07-16-2007 | 11:47 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Gagirl, the wife and I were both pi$$ed about not going. I've been checking this thread to see the reports and I'm happy to hear everyone who did makeit had a safe ride and a good time. I also looked through the whole Members Meeting Members forum and noticed this thread had way more post than any other. Most roll calls were in the 40-75 post range but no where near the amount of the ones here. looks like this ride was put together in the right way. Lots of communication, good natured fun, and discussion about safety. We're really sorry to have missed it and are eagerly looking forward to next month, I believe I saw the 12th as the proposed date. New Thread for that ride?

Old 07-16-2007 | 12:58 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Yep. Dean already started one.

Old 07-16-2007 | 06:27 PM
FIREFIGHTER883
|
Road Master

Like Dean said it best. Those Macon guys Bryan David and Robert are awesome guys to hang out with we had a blast. I want to thank the trio from Macon for putting up with the crappy weather to come up here.Now i have 3 new brothers. We see Ya'll next month.

Old 07-16-2007 | 07:47 PM
Aces N Eights

New thread!! AUGUST RIDE!!

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1918962/tm.htm

Old 07-16-2007 | 09:15 PM
Cool Breeze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, I've tried twice to post to this thread, but keep getting kicked out. Anyway, great to meet you Brian, Alex, David and Dean. Good to meet new brothers on the road. We had a great time even with the rain. I'd rather ride in the rain than go to work anyday. Hopefully it will be dry next month, well...maybe not, 'cause it might stop the wet t-shirt contest that we all decided on...We got there, all had lunch than had to wait 'til 12:30 to order adult beverages, strange ordinances they got there. Man,Alex sure can handle those 32oz, WHEW! hard to keep up with him. Everyone remember to bring you mugs next month. Hey Navy Chief, I thought all you Navy guys were water proof...J/K, I had to throw that in. Looking forward to meeting you and ALL the rest next month. OK. Ride safe.

btw, did anyone mention what a great time we all had.....

Old 07-16-2007 | 10:05 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,462 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Sorry I missed y'all. Got soaked sat nite and said what the hell one more ride in the rain Sun.no big deal. Woke up sun morning with all intentions of going but felt weird from theblood press. med I started taking sat and felt like I wasn't completely there sun morn. Wasn't gonna chance it. See everyone down the road someday. Sounds like a good time was had despite the weather.