Members Meeting Members Post Pictures and Short Stories of Your Encounters With Other HDF Members

Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007 | 05:07 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday

Just checked the weather forcast and it's now calling for a 70% chance of rain so we're going to bail. Too far for us to do it mostly it in the rain. For those that go, hope you have a great time and we'll try to make the next ride. I don't have phone numbers for anyone otherwise I would call and give you a heads up verbally. Be safe and stay dry.

Old 07-15-2007 | 05:57 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raining now & forcasted to be this way all day. Not afraid of the rain, but I also want to enjoy the sightseeing, not white-knuckle my way through the backroads. If this ride get scheduled again, we'll try to make that one.

Old 07-15-2007 | 07:14 AM
mrghos
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is raining here at the Hospital pretty hard. Dont you all make that ride if it is unsafe... if you do, be careful and have a blast...

Old 07-15-2007 | 08:03 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's been raining steadily here since 7:00 a.m. Really bummed as I haven't been able to ride in a couple of weeks and was really looking forward to spending an entire day on the bike. [&o]

Old 07-15-2007 | 08:52 AM
Navychief
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna sit on my bike in the garage and make "Varoom Varoom" noise for about an hour. If you close your eyes and imagine, it's still nothing like being on the road.

Old 07-15-2007 | 08:59 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

"Fat Banana" checking in with a report on today's events;

Woke up this morning around 0440, walked outside (with clothes on....not naked) and checked for rain....none.....nice. Left my house and met up with David (brother-in-law) and headed to Forsyth to meet up with Robert (dexo54). Still no rain. Met Robert, checked out his Dyna Super Glide Touring....sweeeeeet bike! Shot the **** for a few mins and hit 75N headed to Atlanta....still no rain....cool. Got to Atlanta, got overcast, started raining, hit 400N, got wet....I mean WET!!!! Pulled over, put on raingear, getting pissed now....hate rain. Got back on 400N heading to Cumming getting dumped on....can't see ****, so we pulled off at an exit to try and wait out the rain. 30 mins later, it lets up, so we head back and get on 400N. Get into Cumminghoping someone will be there at the Waffle House. Pulled into the Waffle House parking lot (not raining by this time) and met Dean and Alex. Dean said I looked like a Fat Banana on a Heritage....rain gear is yellow.....I ride a Heritage Classic....not the slimmest of attractive 41 year olddudes...understand the similarities. Everyone hit it off like we knew each other for years. Hung out in the parking lot, talking/questioning each other's rides till around 1030 waiting for other riders. Figured that the rain has caused cancelations, everyone's in total agreement, so we head to Helen. Alex in the lead, Dean next, myself, then David, and Robert guarding our "six". Can't hear **** because Dean's baffleless SE slipons (just kidding Dean, your pipes ROCK!!!). We make it into Helen and pull into Paul'son the River (Dean's holding up a pinktour bus and traffic behind it with his handwhile we cut across into the parking lot....nice job Dean.) Got something to eat, followed by beer and then took a walk to get some patches sewn on our vests and shop and look at side-meat.....hehe. Rained off and on all day, didn't matter though. Met new friends/ridingbrothers. Looking forward to next month's shin-dig. Oh yea, got rained on heading back home....pretty much the whole trip.

Hey Robert, David and I want to apologize for not giving you a proper send off when you split up at hwy 83. He and I both agreed we should have shook your hand and said "Nice to meet ya, Robert. Looking forward to next month." But Iforgot...sorry about that. Hope to have moreat the next get together!

Brian (Fat Banana)

Old 07-15-2007 | 09:50 PM
Aces N Eights

Alex and I had very little rain on the way back, just some slow @ss drivers. Alex and I said our farewells when he turned into his sub-division.I met some really great people today. They road through a ton of rain just to hang out in Helen. Great guys!! Brian, only kiddin' about the banna thing but loved the side meat!!! Next month we are going to have nipples on the beers Dexo and Brian drink, maybe they will finish them faster. I am glad everyone got home safe.
KAREN!!! , You were the talk of the table because you weren't there. Every bike we heard we kept looking for the Deluxe but.... No red-head on a Deluxe. I understand why you didn't make the ride, if I had to leave in the rain I probably wouldn't do it either. We are looking to ride again next month, somewhere around the 12th, if that works for everyone? Brian, Dave and Robert, Great meeting you guys and look forward to seeing you guys again next month. Hopefully, Andre can rejoin us as well as Steve. Maybe this will grow before I leave and become a regular thing and I can come down and ride again.
Everyone take care and ride safe!!

Karen, we WILL expect you to be there next month, right?

Dean

Old 07-15-2007 | 10:01 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

No problem, Dean. I think "fat banana" will be a nickname that sticks with me. I like it! Almost forgot....we did do a toast forGreyson King Byrd.

Aug 12th is fine with me. Looking forward to it and having a sunny DRY day that day!

Old 07-16-2007 | 08:06 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like I missed a good one... despite the rain! Glad everyone had a great time.. without incident~ I'll be sure to make it up that way one of these weekends... [8D]

Old 07-16-2007 | 08:42 AM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

We'll have a chair waitin' for ya, Greg.

Quick Reply: Ride to Helen again July 15th Sunday