CVO Solo Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 PM
drive2live2ride
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CVO Solo Seat

Hello,

I left a voice mail at your place of business and the call was returned today by a nice lady from your office. I explained that I had a 2012 CVO street glide solo seat that was giving me comfort issues and asked what my options were for the trouble I'm having. She put me on hold and went to talk to someone in the shop about it. When she returned she told me "we don't work on those seats". I asked why and she said she did not know. I'm curious why you are not able to modify these seats.

Thanks...

Old 05-20-2012, 06:06 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by drive2live2ride
Hello,

I left a voice mail at your place of business and the call was returned today by a nice lady from your office. I explained that I had a 2012 CVO street glide solo seat that was giving me comfort issues and asked what my options were for the trouble I'm having. She put me on hold and went to talk to someone in the shop about it. When she returned she told me "we don't work on those seats". I asked why and she said she did not know. I'm curious why you are not able to modify these seats.

Thanks...
There isn't much foam in the new CVO solo seat. We have worked on a few of them and there just isn't much we can do to improve the comfort.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:25 PM
drive2live2ride
Supporter
Default ok

Well, that's too bad. I finally found a seat that looks how I want and has the seating position I want but it's maybe a 150 mile seat before it becomes a major pain in the azz. I was sure looking forward to sending it in and having you work your magic on it. My luck. Thanks for the reply tho.

Later...

Old 05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

I wish we could do a lot on those seats because we get at least 2-3 calls about them a a week and we could use the work.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:07 PM
drive2live2ride
Supporter

Originally Posted by BadX
I wish we could do a lot on those seats because we get at least 2-3 calls about them a a week and we could use the work.
When you say you can't do a lot with them is that to say what little can be done is just not worth the time and money? Would replacing the factory foam with your materials not help at all? If I could get any improvement at all it would be welcomed, but if there is just no room for improvement I understand and will just have to grin and bear it. I'm about to just accept the fact that a seat can look bad azz or a seat can be comfortable, but not both. I have been through so many seats. Funny thing is the ol' lady really likes the passenger pillion on the CVO set up. First combo of seats we have both agreed on in terms of her comfort and what I want for looks and go figure, now I'm the one bitchin' about comfort.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:23 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

When you say you can't do a lot with them is that to say what little can be done is just not worth the time and money? Would replacing the factory foam with your materials not help at all? If I could get any improvement at all it would be welcomed, but if there is just no room for improvement I understand and will just have to grin and bear it. I'm about to just accept the fact that a seat can look bad azz or a seat can be comfortable, but not both. I have been through so many seats. Funny thing is the ol' lady really likes the passenger pillion on the CVO set up. First combo of seats we have both agreed on in terms of her comfort and what I want for looks and go figure, now I'm the one bitchin' about comfort.
I'm telling you straight up, there is little hope for that seat, there just isn't enough foam in that seat and you would be wasting your money...sorry man. I am sure you can find someone who will tell you they can do it and take your money but from my experiance with that seat you will be wasting your money.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:55 PM
drive2live2ride
Supporter

Originally Posted by BadX
I'm telling you straight up, there is little hope for that seat, there just isn't enough foam in that seat and you would be wasting your money...sorry man. I am sure you can find someone who will tell you they can do it and take your money but from my experiance with that seat you will be wasting your money.
Ok, thanks for replies. You got the best rep around with seat rebuilds so I appreciate you not wasting my money for nothing. I told a friend of mine (Charlie V) about you and he just got his fat boy seat back from you two weeks ago. He is very happy with it and said it was well worth the money. Keep up the good work.

Later...

Old 04-07-2013, 06:04 PM
articsilber323
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

that funny because i have the same setup and i like the comfort of the solo part i wish i was better but it is an improvement over the stock street glide seat

my girl hates the passenger part of the seat