Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Alterations and Modifications

Appointment Cancellation/Availability...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:21 AM
ftlee20723
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Appointment Cancellation/Availability...

I made an appointment on Monday to have a Sundowner - Street Glide Stitching seat modified on 04/17/08. I just found out today, that there will be no Street Glide stiching seat that will fit the 2008 model so, I had to cancel my appointment. I already was charged the reservation fee of $25.00. Does anyone want to take my appointment for $20.00?

Allen, I am allowed to do this?

Thanks,

Frank

Old 03-06-2008, 10:33 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: Appointment Cancellation/Availability...

ORIGINAL: ftlee20723

I made an appointment on Monday to have a Sundowner - Street Glide Stitching seat modified on 04/17/08. I just found out today, that there will be no Street Glide stiching seat that will fit the 2008 model so, I had to cancel my appointment. I already was charged the reservation fee of $25.00. Does anyone want to take my appointment for $20.00?

Allen, I am allowed to do this?

Thanks,

Frank
Frank, I am sorry but we cannot do this. Last year I did not take a deposit and 90% of the people who scheduled did what they said they would do and got their seats to us on time. 2% called and changed the date on us which throws us for a loop because we book well in advance and book the modifications by what each person wants done to their seat(s) and the other 8% never sent their seat after scheduling and never called to let us know which really stinks because we pre-cut all the foam for each seat the next day so we are one step ahead. As you know when you schedule we spend a good amount of time on the phone with you setting everything up and talking to each customer about the modifications. Monday, Brent spent all day on the phone and we booked up a week in one day so the phone stays pretty hot and this cuts into our work time on the seats. I have thought about bringing in someone to just answer the phones but that person wouldn't know the modifications like we do and what works for each person and that is one thing I don't want to loose is our personal touch from start to finish. Brent has been working with me since the start and has just about as much knowledge on the seats as I do and he has great customer service skills. So with all that being said, after the time we spent on the phone and doing all the paper work to get everything setup for each seat to have a cancellation is lost time. I am certainly not trying to rip anybody off, the deposit comes right off the modification and shipping total when the seat is completed and I was hoping that everybody knowing that scheduling deposit is non-refundable would deter people from doing this very thing.

I am sorry things didn't work out man.