Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Alterations and Modifications

Dyna Low Rider - Seat Modifications

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
python8140
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Low Rider - Seat Modifications

I am looking to adjust my seat (07 Low Rider) to get more comfort/control of the bike at low speeds, etc.

Ideally, I would like to reduce the seat by 1" and move it forward a bit 1" as well.

Two options. Seat adjustment through Mean City or at a minimum purchase 11" progressives with a different seat.
It doesnt look like it makes sense to narrow the seat at all although think that would help.

So, in simple terms, I want to gain more control to compensate for my inseam 29".
What do you recommend. Surely someone has presented this problem before.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:19 PM
tuna
Intermediate
Default RE: Dyna Low Rider - Seat Modifications

had mean city do my 06 lowrider,used the memory foam feels great and they can move you upand down if that is what you want.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:51 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: python8140

I am looking to adjust my seat (07 Low Rider) to get more comfort/control of the bike at low speeds, etc.

Ideally, I would like to reduce the seat by 1" and move it forward a bit 1" as well.

Two options. Seat adjustment through Mean City or at a minimum purchase 11" progressives with a different seat.
It doesnt look like it makes sense to narrow the seat at all although think that would help.

So, in simple terms, I want to gain more control to compensate for my inseam 29".
What do you recommend. Surely someone has presented this problem before.

I would try going lower with the seat first, that way you get lower and a more comfortable seat.

Thanks,
Allen
www.meancitycycles.com

Old 03-07-2008, 06:17 PM
annieoaklely63
Cruiser

Hi Allen,

I too have an 07 Lowrider and need a seat adjustment. I'm 5'2" with a 29" inseam. I need to be moved forward 2-3 inches and the nose of the seat needs to be about 2 inches narrower. I'd like to get the memory foam but I'm concerned it will raise me up too high for my feet to comfortably reach the ground. Is this something ya'll can do? If so, I'll call you on Saturday and schedule an appointment.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:19 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: annieoaklely63

Hi Allen,

I too have an 07 Lowrider and need a seat adjustment. I'm 5'2" with a 29" inseam. I need to be moved forward 2-3 inches and the nose of the seat needs to be about 2 inches narrower. I'd like to get the memory foam but I'm concerned it will raise me up too high for my feet to comfortably reach the ground. Is this something ya'll can do? If so, I'll call you on Saturday and schedule an appointment.

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't suggest going that far forward because that will actually put you sitting on the seat where it starts turning up. I wold go just a 1-1 1/2"s forward and let use narrow the seat what we can. Going with the memory foam won't raise you but you would probably be near stock height maybe just a little lower but not much.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:10 PM
annieoaklely63
Cruiser

So would you recommend I go with the Extreme Seat Mod instead of the memory foam? Narrowing the nose of the seat should allow me to put my feet flat on the ground. Right now the seat is just too wide and prevents me from being flat footed (in addition to causing hip pain after riding 100+ miles). I'm so short that I can't reach the highway pegs and I thought moving me forward would help with that......in addition to keeping me from sliding down in the seat while riding. I love the seat and the padding is comfortable.

I think I need to be put on a stretching machine! LOL

Old 03-08-2008, 05:32 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: annieoaklely63

So would you recommend I go with the Extreme Seat Mod instead of the memory foam? Narrowing the nose of the seat should allow me to put my feet flat on the ground. Right now the seat is just too wide and prevents me from being flat footed (in addition to causing hip pain after riding 100+ miles). I'm so short that I can't reach the highway pegs and I thought moving me forward would help with that......in addition to keeping me from sliding down in the seat while riding. I love the seat and the padding is comfortable.

I think I need to be put on a stretching machine! LOL
What I would recommend is this. Go with the memory foam modification. Have us move you forward, 1-1 1/2"s and narrow the seat as much as we can. This will move you forward some but keep you in a good sitting area. The memory foam will make the seat a lot more comfortable plus we can lower you a little too which should help some also. So you would be looking at $90 plus return shipping.

The extreme modification will move you back which you don't want.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:47 AM
annieoaklely63
Cruiser

Thanks so much! I called today and gave my deposit and scheduled the mod. It'll be there 4/28.

Python, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.