Re: '07 Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:06 AM
Captain Rumbelly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '07 Road King Classic

Hey Allen,
I have an '07 Road King Classic with a stock seat and added the passenger quick release backrest with luggage rack. I have been reading here where a lot of guys go out and buy a Sundowner seat and then have you modify it. I don't mind the looks of my stock seat but sure could use more comfort. After about 45 minutes I'm starting to feel it. I'm 6'1' and weight 250# with a 32' inseam. My wife is 5'6' and weights 130#. I don't have any problems reaching the ground flat footed at a stop. My questions is, would you recommend just modifying the stock seat or buying the sundowner and then modifying? I would probably want the double foam option at the least, but would be willing to consider the gel pad or anything else you suggested. From what I have been reading here, you are the guy who has been working miricles. Sorry post is so long, but thanks for your feedback.
John

Old 01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: Re: '07 Road King Classic

ORIGINAL: Captain Rumbelly

Hey Allen,
I have an '07 Road King Classic with a stock seat and added the passenger quick release backrest with luggage rack. I have been reading here where a lot of guys go out and buy a Sundowner seat and then have you modify it. I don't mind the looks of my stock seat but sure could use more comfort. After about 45 minutes I'm starting to feel it. I'm 6'1' and weight 250# with a 32' inseam. My wife is 5'6' and weights 130#. I don't have any problems reaching the ground flat footed at a stop. My questions is, would you recommend just modifying the stock seat or buying the sundowner and then modifying? I would probably want the double foam option at the least, but would be willing to consider the gel pad or anything else you suggested. From what I have been reading here, you are the guy who has been working miricles. Sorry post is so long, but thanks for your feedback.
John
I think for your size the double would work great but i would recommend going with the wide double decker on the pillion to add some width to it. The stock seats passenger section is just to narrow stock.

Thanks,
Allen
www.meancitycycles.com

Old 01-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Captain Rumbelly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Re: '07 Road King Classic

Thanks Allen,
I'll be contacting you soon to let you know that I have shipped the seat to you. I agree about the passenger pillon being too narrow...make it as wide as you can and yet still look right.
Thanks again!
John