Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Alterations and Modifications

Seat Modification 06 ultra

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Silverbeard
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Modification 06 ultra

From what I have read here in hdforms, this seat mod seems to be the route to take. I amaAmerican born Irish and Welsh country biker living in the mountains of Colorado who is alsoshortlegged impaired [:-]and was wondering if anyone elseof the same impairment has had this mod to the seat moving the rider closer to controls?Looking to send seat off for work come December time frame. Besides the weather here in the mountains tends to become rather nasty at times so why not send seat off for work TLC.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44654/4F11368800F3437E9EF52EC35F43B330.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-10-2007, 08:10 PM
dstockton
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Seat Modification 06 ultra

I didn't have the shape modified but I sure like my seat after having the double decker memory foam done at Mean City Cycles. I can now ride all day in comfort.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:35 PM
elevenbravo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2007 Ultra. I had Allen fix my seat for me while my bike was down for some repairs. I ask Allen to move me down 1” and back 1”. I have always had a problem reaching the ground, I feel like I am tip toeing. I seem to have short legs and long arms which is why I wanted moved back. I also had a problem with the hump in the center of the stock seat making my nuts numb. I also wanted the back seat fixed for my wife’s comfort. I am planning on moving the tour pack back and wanted the seat to feel right when I do.

I got exactly what I ask for. This seat feels better in all respects. I can reach the ground with ease. In fact when I first got on to take it around the block my first impression was that the floor boards felt higher. My bike has been in the shop for 12 weeks so it took me a minute to realize I was sitting lower. The seat still looks stock but feels like it was made just for me.

The bottom line is you will get exactly what you ask for. Call Allen and talk over what your needs are. He will tell you what can be done. His service and workmanship are second to none. I highly recommend Mean City Cycles seat mods.

-eleven

Old 11-19-2007, 10:07 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: elevenbravo

I have a 2007 Ultra. I had Allen fix my seat for me while my bike was down for some repairs. I ask Allen to move me down 1” and back 1”. I have always had a problem reaching the ground, I feel like I am tip toeing. I seem to have short legs and long arms which is why I wanted moved back. I also had a problem with the hump in the center of the stock seat making my nuts numb. I also wanted the back seat fixed for my wife’s comfort. I am planning on moving the tour pack back and wanted the seat to feel right when I do.

I got exactly what I ask for. This seat feels better in all respects. I can reach the ground with ease. In fact when I first got on to take it around the block my first impression was that the floor boards felt higher. My bike has been in the shop for 12 weeks so it took me a minute to realize I was sitting lower. The seat still looks stock but feels like it was made just for me.

The bottom line is you will get exactly what you ask for. Call Allen and talk over what your needs are. He will tell you what can be done. His service and workmanship are second to none. I highly recommend Mean City Cycles seat mods.

-eleven
Thanks for sharing man. One thing that I personally like about doing the seat modifications is it keeps the seat looking virtually stock appear but when you sit on it then you feel the differance. Enjoy and be safe out there.

Thanks,
Allen
www.meancitycycles.com