Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Alterations and Modifications

Tall rider that likes Sporsters

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
riflecop624
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tall rider that likes Sporsters

I'm 6'3" and I ride a Street Bob, but I want to buy a Nightster, too. I've always loved Sporty's, don't really care what anyone says. To me, they are the original street drag bike. The only thing that stopped me from buying a Nightster is the mid controls and seat. It will need the most stretched forward controls that I can find and a seat that gives me another 2+ inches. Can a seat be fabricated or modified to put me on a Nightster?
Does anyone know of forward controls that wil stretch my lanky frame out on this bike?

Old 09-18-2007, 01:54 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: Tall rider that likes Sporsters

ORIGINAL: riflecop624

I'm 6'3" and I ride a Street Bob, but I want to buy a Nightster, too. I've always loved Sporty's, don't really care what anyone says. To me, they are the original street drag bike. The only thing that stopped me from buying a Nightster is the mid controls and seat. It will need the most stretched forward controls that I can find and a seat that gives me another 2+ inches. Can a seat be fabricated or modified to put me on a Nightster?
Does anyone know of forward controls that wil stretch my lanky frame out on this bike?
I haven't worked on a Nightster seat yet so I am not sure what needs to be done to the seat if anything can be done to move you back.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:48 AM
levi
Intermediate

Hey all.
I am 6' and I just bought a Nighty this past summer. I have dealt with the mid-controls up until the new black, forward controls became available (which I ordered in early August and JUST got them last week... stupid Harley parts system). ANYWAY, I finally got them put on and it makes a HUGE difference in ride and comfort. With your feet positioned back (with the mid controls), it forces you more forward in your seat. However now with the forward controls (part number 33397-07), I am forced back in the seat which stretches out my arms and is a MUCH more comfortable ride. I should point out that I ordered a sidekick seat which has a little different 'cup' than the stocker, but would imagine that the forward controls would have the same effect with that seat.
I would recommend you start with some forward controls and go from there. If you dont' like them or they don't work for you, I guarantee you can sell them very easily and try something else.

Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
mgabriel
Stage II

Just picked up my new '08 Nightster. I'm 5'11 and my first order of business was to convert to forward controls. The ride is much more comfortable and I'm not hitting my shins like I was with the mid controls. Now I'm wondering which 2up seat is going to be best. Let me know what you think of the sidekick.