Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Alterations and Modifications

Slip'ing & a slid'ing...NOT..thx!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 07:16 AM
branchhill
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip'ing & a slid'ing...NOT..thx!

If you are having my seat issue, Mean City Cycles (MCC) was my cure. This may come off as a commerical but I don't care. MCC did me right and they deserve some credit.

I have an '06 Fatty. I bought it late Spring from a couple who got rid of it because his wife hated the seat. Shortly after I bought it, I found out why. The passenger can't stay in place because that portion of the seat actual tapers down towards the driver. Down shift or hit the brakes andmy ladyis slamming into me. Not exactly a great way to ride for someone hell bent on trying to stay upright.

Having just bought the bike, I didn't want to shell out major bucks on a new seat. I ran across MCC here on the forums and man, am I glad I did. I emailed Allen with all my concerns and desires for a seat. I also told him that I didn't want to be down for weeks waiting on modifications. He suggested I ship it to him to arrive on a set date and he would do the work and ship it back the same day. He quoted me a price and it was WAY LESS THAN A NEW SEAT! Besides, I liked my seat cover and the matching cover on my sissy bar.

Long story short, he nailed it. He leveled out the passenger portion; dropped me an inch; moved me forward an inch and a half. I rode it the same night and the memory foam he use is almost to nice for a biker. ULTIMATELY, HE DID EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD DO AND WHEN HE SAID HE WOULD DO IT. How refreshing is that? Thanks to everyone at MCC. Now I can ride two up with greater ease and notbe gun shy of stopping any more.
Jeff
(branchhill)