Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

Pinion and IronMick

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:57 AM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

run the motor numbers and the get a new bill a sale if it is not hot then you are good

Old 02-06-2010, 08:24 AM
hog4u
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I belive your in good shape for a title....

The * before and after the vin are Ok. Every '72 to '78 or so vin I have seen have had them.

I also think MS titles based on the frame. The neck on you bike looks correct. You should see if you can't raise the vin from the area you have cleaned. Do a little research and you should find some ideas on how to do it.

Get a bill of sale if you don't have one and a copy of the last registration or tax bill if you can get it. Then call the tax commission , Tell them what you have or don't have. Bill of sale, last registration, VIN and where it was last titled (state). They will take it from there. Don't answer questions that are not asked. Keep the discussion as simple as you can. You can deal with the unreadable vin and mods later if the topic comes up. Technically the wideglide front-end will require a salvage title but it is likely you will not deal with anyone who knows the difference. So why bring it up?

You can get a bonded title in MS. It covers lost titles and you may not need anything other than the vin and possession of the motorcycle.

I belive if you present yourself a rightful owner and be straight forward you will not have a problem.

All of the law can be found here http://www.michie.com/mississippi/lp....htm&cp=mscode

Pat

Old 02-06-2010, 05:16 PM
blwcapped
Advanced
Talking Question

I got an email about this thread with a cite to the reply after mine. This email asked me if I wanted to unsubscribe from this thread?? When I hit the site (curious as to what it was) it told me I had unsubsribed to this thread. I thought it would have some information about something. Did this happen to anyone else????

Old 02-19-2010, 10:31 PM
droff85
Advanced

Well I wanted to thank everyone for your advice and ideas, and I have been able to get a tag. Now I'm just waiting to see if the state will issue me a title with all the hoops I had to jump through. Again thanks to everyone for all the info and advice.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:02 PM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by droff85
Well I wanted to thank everyone for your advice and ideas, and I have been able to get a tag. Now I'm just waiting to see if the state will issue me a title with all the hoops I had to jump through. Again thanks to everyone for all the info and advice.
Great! Glad to hear that and I hope a title comes your way soon.
pg