Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

Ironhead Rags?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:09 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

yep walnecks.
if ironmick and sepix doesnt laugh at you then maybe you wont laugh at me.....iit is freezing in texas.i dont think i have stopped shivering since thanksgiving.i dont think it has been above 50 since then.cold and drizzles eneough to keep things damp.i have had eneough of cold weather.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:53 PM
nwpaironhead
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by straydog13
yep walnecks.
if ironmick and sepix doesnt laugh at you then maybe you wont laugh at me.....iit is freezing in texas.i dont think i have stopped shivering since thanksgiving.i dont think it has been above 50 since then.cold and drizzles eneough to keep things damp.i have had eneough of cold weather.
I aint laughin a bit man. 70 degrees and warmer is my kinda weather! It got above freezing here for the 1st time in a week. Everyone was talking about how beautiful day it was. I live amongst some HEARTY individuals! Unfortunately, I'm not one of 'em. Lol!

Old 12-12-2009, 07:28 PM
IronMick
Stellar HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Check out my local weather here ...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0383

First, two days of rain - Sunday and Monday. This will wash the salt from the roads.
Then one day -Tuesday, of wind and temperature above 0`C [it will be 1`C]. This will dry up the roads.
Finally, two! good riding days Wednesday and Thursday. The temp will be -7`C, but i am not going far anyway. Probably just out to The Great Canadian Bagel shop for a light breakfast.

Awesome weather for late fall in this part of the globe. Might even get to ride Christmas day and maybe New Years day if this keeps up [unlikely].

Old 12-12-2009, 09:15 PM
70Weight
Cruiser

Hey Mick,
Harley made snowmobiles a year or two.. looks like ya need one!

Old 12-12-2009, 10:39 PM
IronMick
Stellar HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 70Weight
Hey Mick,
Harley made snowmobiles a year or two.. looks like ya need one!
Like this one? ...

Old 12-13-2009, 11:05 AM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

that is a wicked snowmobile mick.--those shots of canada looks nice.cold but nice.i would like to live,at least briefly, somewhere up north just to experience it.i was gonna sign up to go to the gas fields in penn. last year but the economy stopped all that.
the sun is out today and i will ride....somewhere..anywhere.---stay warm.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Nagalfar
Novice

Originally Posted by nwpaironhead
Well winter is here.Heating bills have gone from $50 to $350 . Electric has gone from $20 to $100. So funds don't permit buying parts for the time being. Even if I could, if I venture to the garage , it is likely that a wrench may stick to my hand like the flagpole to tongue senerio in "A Christmas Story". Needless to say, I'm pretty much done for the season.
In light of that, I have been going back and reading old posts on here for learning,entertainment, and motivational purposes.(Which brought me to the realization of how many times some of the more knowledgable members answer the same questions! Pinion, Mick, and all you guys...THANK YOU for your advice and patience!) Although this has been time well spent, I fear that at some point I am going to run out of threads.
This brings me to my question. Does anyone know of any magazines that focus more on Ironheads and classic bikes, rather than all the trendy high dollar shiny stuff?(Not that that stuff isn't nice. Just not really my thang) Any movie or tv show suggestions?

Thanks!
I have never seen a rag that specializes in Ironheads, Knucks or any model HD, but there is a GREAT rag that has 85% of its foot print in older bikes, American Iron... I love it, lots of great reading and info, and not wall to wall adds..

Old 12-13-2009, 12:43 PM
nwpaironhead
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Nagalfar
I have never seen a rag that specializes in Ironheads, Knucks or any model HD, but there is a GREAT rag that has 85% of its foot print in older bikes, American Iron... I love it, lots of great reading and info, and not wall to wall adds..
Looking into it now. Thanks man!

Mick, you're definitely hard core! That sled / scoot is plane and simple CRAZY!

Old 12-13-2009, 11:30 PM
sepixlh
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It isn't so cold here only 5ºF, but not time for harley ride :-) Also there is so little snow that snowmobile ride isn't fun... just check my garage...

Old 12-15-2009, 09:05 AM
nwpaironhead
Cruiser

Its 5 degrees and the only reason you're not riding is because you don't have time?! Dang! You guys are tough! I'll be sure to check out your garage!

Quick Reply: Ironhead Rags?