Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

Figured Out What Snapped!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 PM
a_arrogant_sob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for that heads up Pat. I keep thinking of doing the same thing. Hell its an Ironhead, sucker leaks anyhow. Whats one more spot. I have been planning on making some changes to the bike anyhow, so I decided to start my project a little early. While I have it apart, Ill take it to a local shop and pay to have it done right. We got some guys around here that seem to know their stuff. I will miss the fall, but this way I dont have a big monthly expense to make my changes. You shall see many HELP ME posts coming up in the next couple of months and pics when Im done.

For Sepix, thanks for the insite. Broken...ya think? j/k

For StrayDog, I talked to Buds. They seemed willing and able to help but everybody says they need to see it. That figures tho. They are on the complete opposite side of town but so far they are on the list of options. Ill tell you how it goes once I finally go in there.

A random last, I think I have decided on my hardtail option. I found a different bolt on that I dont think looks like crap. The website is www.hammerinhandcycles.com under parts by hammer in hand. Click on the picture for more details. Apparantly he only started selling them a couple months ago. I talked with Ivan, the builder/owner and he was cool. I'ld like a weld on but then I have to have somebody else do the work and it can never go back to stock. This thing has nice lines unlike most. Figure this is a little plug for what I liked for a bolt on options and an opportunity to gather input. Take a look guys and let me know what you think, especially if you have seen one or have any experience with these folks.