Ironhead A place to talk about Ironheads.

pGear centerStand

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:08 PM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMick
It is the same as the one that i referred to in the previous post, that you can get from Sporty Specialties. I have one on my 1980. Ten of us on the other forum got them last year. I "heard" that he made 50 and is having a hard time selling the rest.
Thanks Ironmick.........
The discussion Mudpuddle refers to is one he and I had a few years back.
I told him Harley never made and installed a center stand on a Sportster, particularly on a CH.
He kinda proved me wrong, but I still have not seen an old ironhead with a factory center stand in the now 52 years of looking at Sportsters.
All of the BSAs and Triumphs of yesteryear have always had them, but never a Sportster to my knowledge.

I guess seeing a factory brochure featuring a Sporty with a stand would convince me that one was made, but I still have yet to see one.

I am not interested in one for my bike, but for someone who may be it would be something to look into. Might help some guys get their kick start models started easier........... pg

Old 02-27-2009, 10:47 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by piniongear
Thanks Ironmick.........
The discussion Mudpuddle refers to is one he and I had a few years back.
I told him Harley never made and installed a center stand on a Sportster, particularly on a CH.
He kinda proved me wrong, but I still have not seen an old ironhead with a factory center stand in the now 52 years of looking at Sportsters.
All of the BSAs and Triumphs of yesteryear have always had them, but never a Sportster to my knowledge.

I guess seeing a factory brochure featuring a Sporty with a stand would convince me that one was made, but I still have yet to see one.

I am not interested in one for my bike, but for someone who may be it would be something to look into. Might help some guys get their kick start models started easier........... pg

pGear, here is a screenshot from my HD Master Parts Catalog Software.

this Software has all the info on everything from the 09s back to the KnuckleHeads.

this is page 44 of 79 on the 1958 XLCH.

I love this Software.

mud...................

Old 02-27-2009, 11:10 PM
supr2nr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whoa I have to get my hands on that software!

Old 02-28-2009, 12:22 AM
piniongear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You guys have just seen Mud nail me to the cross over our long standing center stand discussion!
I capitulate Mud. I believe it now.
I also have an old parts book around here somewhere that I will try to find. I have a sneaky feeling I may find it in that also............ pg