In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF ALI BART A REAL BIKER

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:42 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default IN LOVING MEMORY OF ALI BART A REAL BIKER

My brother al was nicked named ali Bart a true biker in every way. I remember when he got his first Harley he was about 17 years old he traded his 1932 ford which was chopped channeled and sectioned and running an olds engine with four 2 barrel carbs on it. I was thinking this guy is crazy, little did i know. from that day on he had a bike right up to the day he died he was running a stroked shovelhead with about 101 CI and this is way before the 95 kits. He was a free sprit always partying and having a good time. He has been gone 5 years now and his name always comes up where ever I go. he knew a lot of people and tons of bikers or should I say they knew him. I got to ride with him when i was seventeen and got my first bike but then he was three years older and really did not need his younger brother tagging along I understand now but not then. ali was ahead of his time when it came to bikes he probably could have been on TV with these other guys if he had the money to build because he always had the visions long before others. IN the pictures i have attached which i took with a little instantmatic back in 1968 you will see his knucklehead which was his favorite engine. he wanted some parts that where no where to be had so he jumped on a plane with some money he had from an accident and headed for Oakland ca. He picked up some things and had them shipped back to Connecticut. He hand molded the tank to the frame and put the design in the tank with some rods and molded it. The paint was an apricot metallic . I cant find the rare view of the bike but it was nice. Every time I jump on my bike I wish he was here to ride with. I look at my deluxe and wonder what he would say would he like it. I know one thing he would say is you should have stroked it I miss him and hope i hook up with him again someday click on the links below for pictures

http://members.aol.com/nikonf8/bart.jpg
http://members.aol.com/nikonf8/bart2.jpg

Old 10-26-2006, 12:08 PM
lowriderbruce
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IN LOVING MEMORY OF ALI BART A REAL BIKER

Very cool bike. He was for sure ahead of his time. May he rest in peace in gearhead heaven.
[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

That is a beautiful bike, and I am sorry to hear about your loss. May he rest in peace. A real biker.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, he will be riding with you every time you crank yours up and pull out of the drive. Sounds like one hell of a big brother. RIP