In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

Nobody I knew, but still a brother. DUI murder.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:08 PM
LTrain
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nobody I knew, but still a brother. DUI murder.

Harley rider hit and killed

By Jason Meisner
Tribune staff reporter
Published April 28, 2006, 9:52 AM CDT

A 50-year-old woman has been charged with felony drunken driving after police said her car hit a Harley-Davidson motorcycle overnight in Glendale Heights, killing the rider.

Kimberly A. Flad, of 233 Sedgewick Circle, St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence, DUI resulting in great bodily harm, DUI resulting in death and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, Glendale Heights police said in a news release.

She was taken to the DuPage County jail in Wheaton pending a bond hearing scheduled for Saturday.

The accident occurred about 11:48 p.m. Thursday on North Avenue just west of Glen Ellyn Road in Glendale Heights, according to the news release. An officer in the vicinity heard the crash and went to investigate.

The officer found the victim, George Shirkey, 49, lying on the pavement in the westbound lanes with his maroon 2000 Harley-Davidson Road King motorcycle resting in the eastbound lanes, police said. Flad was found still inside her gray Honda CRV, which was facing west in the eastbound lane of North Avenue.

Flad was taken into custody at the scene, police said.

Shirkey, also of St. Charles, was treated for massive trauma at the scene and taken to GlenOaks Hospital in Glendale Heights, where he was pronounced dead, according to police.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:36 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts
Default RE: Nobody I knew, but still a brother. DUI murder.

It's always sad to hear about something like that. It just shows that more people should be held responsible for what they do when they drive, drunk or otherwise.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:06 PM
bronk
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nobody I knew, but still a brother. DUI murder.

Sorry to hear of these avoidable incidents.When are people going to realize that they DO NOT have the right to endanger the public.They do just that when they drive all pissed up.Hope she loses everything she owns.[:@]