In Memory Of... Post a thread in memorial of a loved one. Pictures and thoughts are welcome.

John D. Corley III (Johndy)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Goobah
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default John D. Corley III (Johndy)

my father passed away 10-18-2005
he was a great guy and my best friend.
he had a long bout with congestive heart failier and lung disease.
he tought me how to rie on the gas tank of a 68 sportster when i was 4 years old and passed his passion of harley's on to me and my older brother the current owner of the 68 mentioned above. my Dad gave me his 1988 flhtc 1340. having never rode a bike find it a lil wierd that my 1st bike would be 9 feet long and 800lbs. but it needs some love to get it running again. but giving it up to get a smaller bike or selling it doesn't feel right. so i need to fix it and keep it runnin for him.
Dad was from the boston area.
a retired taxi driver out of logan airport and a decorated salesman, dad meat many many people and i am sure that if he didnt make you smile, he made you laugh. i love ya dad. keep riding.

Old 10-23-2005, 05:07 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts
Default RE: John D. Corley III (Johndy)

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like your dad was a great man. Hope that his memory lasts forever.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Fatboy2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: John D. Corley III (Johndy)

Our thoughts are with you. That was great thing your Dad did. Spending the time with you on the bike.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 PM
spankster71
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re:dad

I was actually the one who rode on the tank at 4, all my brother cared about was his bike when it came to him dying. He sold the bike because of his wife, now ex. I have the 68 xlh which is now in the works of being restored. he was also looking for "charity " workers to fix the 88 flhtc. I go to his grave 1ce a month because he was MY best friend. Sorry if it sounded like I started ****. but 5 days before he died he was looking for help for HIS fathers bike. If you only knew what my father said about him before he died.