Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help with LED run/turn/brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:36 PM
DickGrayson
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with LED run/turn/brake problem

I got new rear LED lights along with a run/turn/brake module. Coming out of each light, there are three wires. Black for ground, orange for run and red for turn/brake. I got the black and orange hooked up to the matching main harness wires without any problems. Run light is good.

Now for the problematic part. The red wire is both turn and brake (it's the brighter modulation of the LED). I hooked it up to the red on the main harness and tested brake. Perfect. Then I hooked it up and tested turn. Perfect, again. However, when I hooked it to both the turn AND brake wires, it didn't work. What happened was the brake light (brighter modulation) stayed on instead of being dim for the run function. When I hit the turn signal, it worked, but it flashed from hi to low and then back to hi instead of flashing brighter with each blink.

Does all that make sense? My question is: How do I get the true turn and brake to work properly off of one wire that connects to BOTH of those wires on the main harness? I'll have to hook the other turn to it's wire along with brake, as well, in order for it to be all legit. Would I need to bypass the harness and tap straight into the run/turn/brake module? If so, that will present a problem when running one wire to two different locations on the bike.