Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2003 Ultra stumble between 2100-2300 rpm

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 08:49 AM
toyotatech348
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Ultra stumble between 2100-2300 rpm

Kinda wierd , the stumble is intermittant and seems to be worse when hot. It doesn't matter how much gas is in the tank and it seems to be a throttle position more than rpm .If I twist the throttle more or less the stumble disapears I did replace the 36 dollar TPS ( Probably made in China ) still stumbles.

I spoke to local dealer and they immideately blamed the FuelPak tuner. I took it out of the system and still stumbles. I checked for intake leaks, no leaks. I read something about holed fuel lines in the tank but if that were the case It would probably run like crap, so I don't believe it is that right now.

Throttle body is clean, I run premium fuel, The timing chains,tentioners,and oil pump was done at 28k has 42 now.I am going to check rear injector harness today and pull codes, although MIL light never came on.

Any help would be awesome as I hate taking it to Harley for them to throw darts at it at my expence

Thanks, Mike

Old 10-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Grummppy
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2003 flhtcui having the same problem. stumbles when hot. help

I'm having the exact same problem. but mine is completely stock... It only happens on warm days after the bike has gotten good and warmed up. had the fuel pressure checked its good.

Originally Posted by toyotatech348
Kinda wierd , the stumble is intermittant and seems to be worse when hot. It doesn't matter how much gas is in the tank and it seems to be a throttle position more than rpm .If I twist the throttle more or less the stumble disapears I did replace the 36 dollar TPS ( Probably made in China ) still stumbles.

I spoke to local dealer and they immideately blamed the FuelPak tuner. I took it out of the system and still stumbles. I checked for intake leaks, no leaks. I read something about holed fuel lines in the tank but if that were the case It would probably run like crap, so I don't believe it is that right now.

Throttle body is clean, I run premium fuel, The timing chains,tentioners,and oil pump was done at 28k has 42 now.I am going to check rear injector harness today and pull codes, although MIL light never came on.

Any help would be awesome as I hate taking it to Harley for them to throw darts at it at my expence

Thanks, Mike