Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

FuelPak on '01 FatBoy w/BigShots

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007 | 12:10 AM
joe297
|
Tourer
Default FuelPak on '01 FatBoy w/BigShots

Any feedback appreciated for using the V&H FuelPak on '01 Softail w/V&H BigShots.

A friend has an '01 FatBoy with V&H BigShots and a Screaming Eagle a/c. He contacted the local HD dealers but they no longer perform stage1 downloads. So they're pushing him towards a SERT. They're not very supportive of the FuelPak either. I'm not sure if they're just pushing for the bigger sale or if they have a genuine issue with the FuelPak.

Also, can this setup work with the baffles removed? Any advantages/disadvantages for not using the baffles?

Thanks,
joe

Old 04-06-2007 | 12:48 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Default RE: FuelPak on '01 FatBoy w/BigShots

ORIGINAL: joe297

Any feedback appreciated for using the V&H FuelPak on '01 Softail w/V&H BigShots.

A friend has an '01 FatBoy with V&H BigShots and a Screaming Eagle a/c. He contacted the local HD dealers but they no longer perform stage1 downloads. So they're pushing him towards a SERT. They're not very supportive of the FuelPak either. I'm not sure if they're just pushing for the bigger sale or if they have a genuine issue with the FuelPak.

Also, can this setup work with the baffles removed? Any advantages/disadvantages for not using the baffles?

Thanks,
joe
If the rest of your Fat Boy is stock and all you are adding is the stage 1 A/C andthe V&H pipes, the fuel pack will work just fine, that is what there specificaly designed for. There easy to install, easy to set and work just like there suppose to on a stock motor with the mods you mentioned. I have one on my 07RKC and it works great, no serts, no shop time , no dyno cost, good milage, bike starts easy and performs well. $220.00 bucks, the install was 1,2,3 ,15 minutes later and I was good to go and runing fine.

I do not recommend the removel of your baffles, as you will loose torque and horse power in almost every situation when there removed. The baffles play a big part in the way the exaust was designed to work and perform. The Fuel Pack does not have any settings for baffle removel. V&H does not recommend baffle removal on any muffler or complete exaust pipe system they sell.

HD Dealershops bag on anything they do not sell or understand don't be fooled buy there story just because they do not sell or install the V&H fuel Pack.

Good luck.
Bill G

Old 04-06-2007 | 01:12 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: FuelPak on '01 FatBoy w/BigShots

I'd get a DFO.