Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2011 hot / spark knocking / Dog !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Powerplant
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 hot / spark knocking / Dog !!

I know !! This has been covered a million times. But my biggest ? Is tuner I have the the common spark knock. The plan is true duals / stage 1 cleaner / but tuner I'm confused I've read a lot about different ones I've looked at the cobra/ power vision / Vance & Hines. I just don't think anything but a tuner that can be mapped will help my problem. I just don't want to by a cobra & it not work only adjustment on them is more fuel to a point. This is a great sight any advise will be great thx !!!!

Old 06-26-2014, 06:47 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

You've got a lot of money invested in your HD. Why are you looking to tune it with products that can't give you a complete tune? You are new here so don't buy into the hype or glitter. Get yourself a flash tuner and learn how to use it and protect your investment.

The TTS or PV are touted to be the top two tuning devices. I prefer the TTS but that's just me. Others prefer the PV and like to look at the little screen while riding down the road. They both work differently so make a wise decision and protect your bike with your preference.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Powerplant
3rd Gear

I totally agree Wizard the more I look at the different tuners I'm going with PV I'm going to look at the TTS to haven't herd much about it till here recently I assume because of it's price point. Thx for the input !!

Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

The TTS is cheaper than the PV and it's the Original HD Tuner.

You will find many and varying opinions from tuner users here. Totally your choice. Either will work but with the TTS you get more... <- My opinion.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Powerplant
3rd Gear

What kind is support do u get with TTS Wizard

Old 06-26-2014, 09:24 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Call TTS (in California) and get direct support from the owner who made the first Harley tuner. Once you get the hang of tuning it will all be easy.

There are sticky threads in this forum section. Go in there and ask questions about each product and find the one for you. Several of the guys tune with only one tuner. I've tuned with many and just found the TTS to be my preference. It will do what the others will not.

If you only plan on pipes and an AC then your choice could be the gambit. If you want to go further with your motor go with the tuning device that will give you the best control.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Powerplant
3rd Gear

Thx I'm going to go with a more in depth tuner because in all my research a tuner that just adjusts fuel air mixture will not always solve my problem. U have to get into the timing to. Plus I do see at least cams in my future to. Thx for the input Wizard.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Good choice.

Just letting you know... if you go cams the TTS has a cam selector built into their software. You can adjust the calibration to the new intake opening and closing of the cam.

Look... I'm really holding back here. If you want to view the manuals for the TTS you can get all their software from the mastertune site. Skim over the reading material then click on the PDF in my signature.

You'll do fine... take your time making the right choice.

-Wiz out

Old 06-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Powerplant
3rd Gear

Thx !! I'll check it out