Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fatboy Electrics

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Stuart Dymond
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy Electrics

Hi from the UK! I have a 2001 Fatboy with an electrical problem - Bike appeared as if the battery was totally flat after 4 weeks untouched - I know the alarm drains the battery as it has happened before, so I have charged the battery. HOWEVER, on turning on the ignition, the bike cranked once, then everything went dark. Checked all fuses, all OK, after a little while it was like the battery was almost flat again - horn just clicking, nothing else. Connected jump leads from my car,all came to life until I hit the starter, then all dark again. Eventually I have a neutral light and oil light back, nothing else. This battery is less than 6 months old and I have had no prior trouble. Wondering if it was the charger, I borrowed one and charged the battery again but to no avail. Ideas would be helpful - losing out on the first sunny day for weeks!!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:36 PM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Fatboy Electrics

Welcome from London

Did the bike turn over when you connected the jump leads?

Sorry you missed out on the sun - just got back from the Ace, it was packed!!!!!!

Cheers

Plasma

Old 04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Check you ignition relay to see if it is plugged in all the way. Give a light push to make sure it is seated properly.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Stuart Dymond
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bike did not turn over when I connected the jump leads - that's the wierd thing - I would have thought the car battery would have easily started her! I've checked all the relevant fuses and given the relays a check in case they mighthave been corroded - just cleaning the battery lead terminals at both ends to see if that does anything - Plasmadaddy, will you be doing the Southend Run from the Ace next Monday? Mightseeyou there...ifI can fix this!!