Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

dead on arrival

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Mike hoy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dead on arrival

One time you walk up to my 07 Heritage it will start with no problem the next time you walk up to it it acts like the bike is totally dead. No security lights flashed nothing. The battery checks fully charged. I changed the battery in my fib still having the same issue. It hit and miss. Any suggestions

Old 06-07-2014, 02:14 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Just a guess but id say a dodgy earth somewhere. I had a similar issue ages ago and i kept checking the earth at the battery and it was fine turned out it was the same lead where it bolts to the frame. It was tightish but had some corrosion. Pulled it apart cleaned it up and did it up tight and no probs since. That was maybe two yrs ago.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:37 AM
Mike hoy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oz Nightrain
Just a guess but id say a dodgy earth somewhere. I had a similar issue ages ago and i kept checking the earth at the battery and it was fine turned out it was the same lead where it bolts to the frame. It was tightish but had some corrosion. Pulled it apart cleaned it up and did it up tight and no probs since. That was maybe two yrs ago.
thanks I'll try that

Old 06-07-2014, 06:48 AM
Sharpie
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

My Dyna did the same think. I cleaned all the battery cables both ends and even touched up all the fuses with a cardboard mail file to make sure all connections were good. Put a little dielectric grease on all connections to insulate from oxidation corrosion. I haven't had a problem since.

I have had same problems with trucks and jet ski over the years. Did same on them and problem went away.