Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ThunderMax

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:32 PM
BigBrainBob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ThunderMax

Just had the ThunderMax with Auto-tune installed on my 06 Dyna Low rider and all I can say is WOW thus far, having a hard time holding on ,put on V&H staggered slip-on and a Ness Big Sucker air filter setup before I had the ThunderMax installed and needless to say there is a big difference but what’s so cool is the simplicity of the whole ThunderMax install and configuration.

I am howeverhaving some instrument issue and was wondering if anyone else was having the same, not certain if it’s just the way the Thundermax ECM works or is it something to worry about at all. First thing is turning the ignition switch on via the key, turn indicators blink 4 or 5 times and both tac and speedo kind of pegs like it took a voltage hit or something after that things seem to be the norm for a startup, but on subsequent startups without removing the key, things are a little different. When turning the bike off using the engine off/run switch, the tac sticks a 1K for a second or soand as soon as it drops the engine check lamp comes on and stays on until you re-start or turn the key off. The engine lamp normally comes on when the bikes ignition is first turned on and stays on for about 4 seconds doing self-diags, this will happen if you toggle theoff/run switch also.

So is this second engine light a problem or not, or is something not working right.

Thought I would check herebefore calling Zipper.

Thanks,
Big BrainBob

06 Dyna Low rider
Ness Big Sucker
V&H Sip-ons Staggered
ThunderMax/Auto Tune

Old 03-26-2007, 08:51 PM
BigBrainBob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ThunderMax

It's me, should have read the manual to the end or at least page 84, which happen to be the page with all of my answers.

Thanks again,

BigBrainBob

Old 03-27-2007, 04:02 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: ThunderMax

ORIGINAL: BigBrainBob

It's me, should have read the manual to the end or at least page 84, which happen to be the page with all of my answers.
So what was the problem?