Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Which SERT

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:07 PM
WildBill2566
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which SERT

Can someone offer me a little advice please.

Am I right in saying that I can use even an old model SERT on my 07 RKC, and I will be able to download the latest version of the software online somewhere.

For example Part Number 32107-01C. Or do I need to find the very latest version which I believe is J.

WB

Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
ULTRA Gramps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which SERT

I contacted Zanottis today they only have 32107-01g? $357.00 I am courious too? I want one for 07 Lowrider.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Any unused 32107-01(insert letter here) will do.
The latest software is "J" which can be purchased for $20 bucks if you are going to flash yourself, or you do not have to purchase the "J" software if the dealer is going to do the actual flash, as they already have that version.......or should have anyways. You will need to buy the cables though if you end up with a later modeled SERT, as the cables only came with earlier version............this too is relevant only if you are the one flashing cause the dealer already has these too if they are going to be the one flashing the ECM for you.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:21 PM
WildBill2566
Road Master

UltraKla$$ic

Thanks for the super-fast reply.

WB

Old 03-23-2007, 06:34 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: WildBill2566

UltraKla$$ic

Thanks for the super-fast reply.

WB
No problem, a few of us got lucky and got some "left-overs"(older ones)for really good deals from actual dealers and some off of e-bay. As with anything, be careful if you do buy from e-bay. These are to be purchased UNUSED........they marry themselves to one bike.....forever.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:17 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The latestversion of the race tuner kit (which includes the CD, but not the cables) is 32107-01G, while thelatest versionof the CD that comes withthe kitis 32117-01J. When you install the tuning and data mode programs,you'll find thembe version 4.6.2.
Saw a guy on another forum that was trying to sell an older race tuner kit as a "G" when in fact it was the CD that was a "G". There does seem to be a little confusion about which letter applies to what.

Zanotti has the "G" kits on backordershowing a delivery date of 4/30. None to be found on ebay, either.
Lake Shore Harley in Illinois has had a bunch of "F" kits on ebay for $367, today they're $459.95.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:15 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master

Does the SERT also allow control of the air intake flap and the exhaust (EXUP style) valve. I know you guys probably dont have this stuff (But if I were a gambler I'd bet the 08's will).

And another fool question, can I save the stock settings prior to fiddling with the SERT, just in case I make a total £~%$ up while I'm finding my feet. I have self tuned a PCIII myself and a Triumph ecu, but the SERT is a total unknown to me at the moment. With the other tuning aids I was able to save the stock settings to my laptop before I started.

I am not looking for a big improvement in power, but I would like to fit a AN big sucker, with the old style HD round cover, and maybe some true duals to lose a little heat. I am hopeing that I will be able to retain about the same power and torque that I have now, even with the duals. I like the way the power is delivered on the stocker.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:21 AM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: WildBill2566

Does the SERT also allow control of the air intake flap and the exhaust (EXUP style) valve. I know you guys probably dont have this stuff (But if I were a gambler I'd bet the 08's will).

And another fool question, can I save the stock settings prior to fiddling with the SERT
Yes, you can control the active intake and exhaust controls if you have them.
No, you can't save the stock settings or upload anything from the ECM.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2952/43D7EC2676114A86A279374262EB922A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2007, 12:21 AM
FXSTD.AU
Cruiser

Murphdog,

Your advice regarding the Active intake Exhaust... is the ability to control them limited to the (G) SERT tuning kit with the CD-ROm (32117-01J)?

Or can the Active Intake Exhuast be controled with the (F) kit CD ROM (32117-01H)?

I've an (F) version of the kit on an international model (i.e. with Active Exhaust Intake - closed loop) and my dealer is adamant that only the (G) kit is suitable to 2007 models. The (F) was released by HD Australia but quickly recalled - recalled as unsutiable or recalled due to EPA or emisssions requirements i don't know, but recalled from sale all the same.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Only the "J" version has the HDI approved maps....

HDI bikes are equipped with Intake and Exhaust flaps...

Quick Reply: Which SERT