Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:40 PM
copout221
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit modification

I was wondering how I can ELIMINATE the running light feature on the conversion kit avail from HD. I just want the rear turn signals to flash and come on with the brake. I cannot stand the running light feature because it is too bright and difficult to distinguish the difference between the running lamp and brake lamp. I have read that people have done this but cannot remember how it was done. I would guess cutting a wire on the kit or simply using single filiment bulbs would take care of it but I really don't feel like troubleshooting it myself. Any help would be appreciated !!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Tutorman883
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw this on a bike yesterday in the evening or dusk. and I went and bought it and installed it today. It does make the running light brighter but the brake lights are outstanding. You could add a resistor to the running light to tone it down. You might try looking at your bike in the dark from a few car lengths away have someone press the brake. It's probably not as bad as you think. I just want people to see me.