Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Turn signals as brake lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:33 AM
BlackBetty06
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signals as brake lights?

I posted this in the softail forum also, but makes more sense here...

Anyone know of a kit to make the rear turn signals act as the brake light and turn signals? I want to entirely eliminate the bulky red light and plate holder on the bobtail fender, maybe even chop of a few inches off the fender behind the seat. Any help isappreciated, and pics if you got em!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:19 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Turn signals as brake lights?

ORIGINAL: BlackBetty06

I posted this in the softail forum also, but makes more sense here...

Anyone know of a kit to make the rear turn signals act as the brake light and turn signals? I want to entirely eliminate the bulky red light and plate holder on the bobtail fender, maybe even chop of a few inches off the fender behind the seat. Any help isappreciated, and pics if you got em!

Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Turn signal module adds an auxiliary brake light and running light function to your existing turn signals for auxiliary rear lighting. Easy-to-install, the kit simply plugs into your existing wiring harness. Red turn signal lenses are included. Meets DOT requirements.

69461-06A

Flat Lens Style

Fits all '96-later Softail® models and '97-later Touring models equipped with flat lens style turn signals. (Does not fit with Narrow Chrome Directional Bar P/N 68611-98.)

MSRP US $54.95

[/align]

Old 03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

I have the official HD kit as well. Each bike I own has one installed on it. I like them...makes me feel a little safer and hopefully the idiot behind me sees the light.

One module did burn out on me though. When it does burn out, you have no brake lights at all. It gives you no warning and you have no idea if they are working or not. So, make sure they are working from time to time.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:30 PM
cjuetten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BlackBetty06

Anyone know of a kit to make the rear turn signals act as the brake light and turn signals? I want to entirely eliminate the bulky red light and plate holder on the bobtail fender,
Just a heads up, make sure any light you chose are DOT approved as Brake lights. If not you may get someunwanted attention fromthe law. The factory turn signals are not DOT approved as the SOLE brake light. You will need at least one DOT approved BRAKE light. I've seen it doneand if you are alway on the right side of the law when driving your scooter probably not an issue. I just hate giving them a reason to pull me over any time they want.