Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Thundermax ECM Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 11:45 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 619 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by Trucky911
Changed to the Gen 111 up grade on Tuesday. Did the set up and the bike would not start. Emailed thunder max and was told to roll on the throttle when cranking and it started but would not idle and ran very rough. Thunder max said to change the TAC from 61 to 85. Did that and still no start unless I rolled on the throttle. Did a data collection and sent it to support. Haven't heard back from them yet. When I install the stock ECM it starts and runs fine. Any ideas? TIA...06 electra glide with 65,000 miles...
Trucky911
I reccomend reinstalling the OEM ECM, get it tuned, then, after the TMAX system comes back, reinstall the Tmax so you always have a fallback to keep you up and running.
Bob

Old 10-05-2018, 06:34 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks for your reply FLTRI17....

Trucky911

Old 12-11-2018, 08:41 AM
dynodon
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Afr

Originally Posted by Boost
I've actually had zero ping at this point. As mentioned earlier, I've been gradually advancing the timing and the bike seem to run a little better each time. I'm going to keep adding a degree or two between rides until I start to hear some ping and the back it down three degree.

I Play with my AFRs all the time for mileage and heat management. In the winter and on long rides I run pretty lean at 14.3 AFR for better gas mileage. I add fuel during the summer and when I know I'll be riding in heavy stop and go traffic like at bike Week. 13.5 AFR seems to keep the heat monster away a little longer.
HERE IN INDIANA I use 13.8 cruising then about 3800 RPM I bring that air fuel ratio down 12.2 under boost the bike makes 230 hp and 200 torque I had to change my startup a lot because of the big injectors in the 70 lb of fuel pressure and it's got the smallest pulley on it to ProCharger makes it makes some boost

Old 01-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Trucky911
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Trucky911
Changed to the Gen 111 up grade on Tuesday. Did the set up and the bike would not start. Emailed thunder max and was told to roll on the throttle when cranking and it started but would not idle and ran very rough. Thunder max said to change the TAC from 61 to 85. Did that and still no start unless I rolled on the throttle. Did a data collection and sent it to support. Haven't heard back from them yet. When I install the stock ECM it starts and runs fine. Any ideas? TIA...06 electra glide with 65,000 miles...
Trucky911
Ok I changed out the IAC and now it starts but hard. Thunder max said to ride it and it will get better. Had a warm enough day back in November and put 60 miles on it. It seemed to run better and started better. The next day it started hard again. I haven't had a chance to ride it since. Put it on the computer and it showed no auto tuning points. Any thoughts?....

Thanks Trucky911

Old 02-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Ottercycle
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andrews 48H/TC 96/2-1 exhaust

Hi folks,

Asking if anyone has a working MAP for a 96 w/ stock heads/compression and Andrews 48H they are willing to share? Also running 2-1 exhaust, but not too worried about that as I know it will tune around it. I have been trying to tune this myself and have not been able to get rid of the flat acceleration I am getting from 2000-2500; the engine also feels very rough decelerating from 2000 down to idle; have gotten some help from Zippers, but still same problem exists...getting frustrated, but really want to make these cams work as I have read so many others having good experiences.

tia,
Otter

Old 03-27-2019, 07:02 PM
Mars47
Road Captain

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just installed Tmax the other day, loving it so far, but does anyone else have a hesitation when shifting?

Like I get on it, I shift (doesn't matter if its a power shift or a regular), and then I get back on it and theres a slight delay in when the engine kicks back in. Whats the cure for this? I haven't reached out to zippers yet - haven't found this answer online or in the help pdfs on tmaxll_tuner.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:19 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,008 Likes on 4,061 Posts

Originally Posted by Mars47
Just installed Tmax the other day, loving it so far, but does anyone else have a hesitation when shifting?

Like I get on it, I shift (doesn't matter if its a power shift or a regular), and then I get back on it and theres a slight delay in when the engine kicks back in. Whats the cure for this? I haven't reached out to zippers yet - haven't found this answer online or in the help pdfs on tmaxll_tuner.
Yeah, Find the right map.. Ride it for a while so that it can tune itself in. Don't both to Zippers, go to Thunderheart for help unless you built the motor with one of their kits.

Old 03-28-2019, 09:49 AM
Mars47
Road Captain

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
Yeah, Find the right map.. Ride it for a while so that it can tune itself in. Don't both to Zippers, go to Thunderheart for help unless you built the motor with one of their kits.
Ahh, thats who I meant.

I've been doing that. It seems to get better everytime I do the "automap" feature. Just wondering if there was some tick mark somewhere I was forgetting.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:27 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,008 Likes on 4,061 Posts

Originally Posted by Mars47
Ahh, thats who I meant.

I've been doing that. It seems to get better everytime I do the "automap" feature. Just wondering if there was some tick mark somewhere I was forgetting.
If you can figure out the approximate throttle position location and RPM of the hesitation, you can go into the map and add a couple degrees of timing. You can also add Accel Fuel in the module Configuration / Basic settings. The 3rd option is a little more complex as it requires mods to the AF/TPS tables.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:36 PM
LenBoyLo
Tourer
Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Two way connection

Originally Posted by cycle crazy
Not to hijack this but I'd like to ask....I'm about to change my exhaust & I can't seem to unscrew the 02 sensor due to it having a wire connected to it which then goes to a two way connection ( plug) can't seem to pull apart this connection... is there a trick to it?
Thx!!
Usually there is an area on the two way that needs a thin flat blade screw driver inserted to disengage a tang to allow the plug halves to pull apart. If you find that do this then thread out your O2 sensor.

Quick Reply: Thundermax ECM Thread