Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

low end torque

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:12 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low end torque

installed a SE a/c, vance & hines fuel pack and vance &hines basic slip ons. still have the stock headers.
with this set up i have been having issues on take off. it just seems real sluggish. i am trying to figue out if it is my setup for the fuel pack or something else that i am missing. i have triple checked my settings for the fuel pack even called V&H to verify and all is correct.
here is another question about the fuel pack. the settings for the fuel pack is "year make model, type of pipes and ecm" what about the SE a/c? if you bring in more air and need to push out more air hence the basic slip ons. therefore the need for the fuel pack to adjust the fuel for changes. but it doesnt ask for anything about the "AIR IN".
anybody have any suggestions?

Old 03-07-2007, 12:13 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: low end torque

The stage 1 A/C unit is probably not the problem, if you read the instruction pamplet for the V&H fuel pack it will say a stage 1 A/C unit is needed orrequired for there settings. I had no problems with my V&H fuel pack install with the V&H oval mufflers, stock head pipe and a Screaman Eagle stage 1 A/C unit with a K&N upgraded replacement filter element. My 07Road King Classic runs great....

Did you calibrate your throttle position correctly on step 19 and then verify step 19 took correctly on step21according tothe instructions??
Also make sure you have no air leaks on your stage 1 A/C install, this could make you lean and cause a loss in power.

Good luck,
Bill G

Old 03-07-2007, 04:12 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup you are right if i would only look a little closer to the instructions it does say "air"
ok now here is more of my confusion. if vance and hines makes a true duel just like rhinehart
what is the differance? my neighbor got the rhineharts and it looks the same as V&H
i want the V&H true duels but i am so afraid of the loss of low end torque that i feel that i already have.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18995/3BA2C4C7EB5D4ADD97DF9DB514AB07D7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-07-2007, 11:48 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: myride85
ok now here is more of my confusion. if vance and hines makes a true duel just like rhinehart
what is the differance? my neighbor got the rhineharts and it looks the same as V&H
i want the V&H true duels but i am so afraid of the loss of low end torque that i feel that i already have.
myride85:

Have the V&H tru-duals on my 95" Road King, and have been very pleased with the results after SERT/Tuning. Haven't owned a set of the Rinehart's....yet.....but have been seriously considering these for the Ultra in the future.

Heardthat a respected tuner claimed the V&H duals produced less hp/tq due to their single diameter design versus the Rinehart duals that are a stepped header design. This was especially true withRinehart's new smaller/quieter baffle design.

Hopefully some of the experts here can chime in and offer some advise.

edit: Just found this thread that should help:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1038997/tm.htm

[sm=interesting.gif]

Old 03-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I do believe you are correct about the stepped header design on the Rinehart true duels compared to the V&H dressor duels.

Take Care All,
Bill G