Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dyna help

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 PM
code1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna help

Ok, I had a weak battery on my 2010 dyna the other day and replaced it with a brand new one. today I set off for a 60 mile round trip and notice about 20 miles out my bike surges/ dies for a second at 55mph. I think wow thats not normal but it keeps running at highway speeds like normal. About 30 miles out the bike just goes dead speedometer goes limp drops to zero mph bike is surging bad like it is going to die Im fighting it to keep it running but then comes to life and runs like normal. Well this goes on all the way home for 20 more miles with me praying I'm not going to end up stranded on the road side. Things I noticed if I kept RPM's up the bike ran normal, let off the throttle for more than 2 seconds it would start dieing sooner or later again speedometer to zero like total loss of battery power bike slowing to a stop then around 20 -40 mph it comes to life off I go again like nothing happened tell the next spell couple miles down the road. I make it home and expect the bike to not restart after its turned off. However it now starts and ideals fine in the garage. I also have the Harley alarm system with fob incase that matters.also no warning lights ever came on and when it died every went instant dead speedometer drop lights out cold. Does anyone have a clue on what's happening. Thanks for any help I need it!

Last edited by code1; 08-26-2013 at 11:22 PM.